Senior Analyst Infrastructure Transactions Unit Itu Jobs Vacancy in The Treasury Wellington City
- Senior Analyst Infrastructure Transactions Unit Itu
- The Treasury
- Wellington City WGN
- 15 May, 2019 11 days ago
The Treasury Wellington City urgently required following position for Senior Analyst Infrastructure Transactions Unit Itu. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Analyst Infrastructure Transactions Unit Itu Jobs Vacancy in The Treasury Wellington City Jobs Details:
Be part of a significant government initiative that will drive infrastructure transformation across the entire industry and ultimately affect all New Zealanders
- An exciting role managing the infrastructure pipeline, which will act as the shop front for market
- Joining a great team in the establishment phase, being a part of shaping a new organisation
- Brand new role that is unique in scope
Be a part of an important transformational change that will enable New Zealand to meet its infrastructure challenges, seize its opportunities and ensure the best possible outcomes for New Zealanders A new independent infrastructure body, the New Zealand Infrastructure Commission, Te Waihanga, is being established to ensure that New Zealand gets the quality infrastructure investment needed to improve our long-term economic performance and social wellbeing. In February 2019 the Government announced the form, functions and name of the new body, following Infrastructure Minister Shane Jones' August 2018 announcement of the Government's intention to create the new body.
On an interim basis, and in advance of the establishment of the Commission in late 2019, the Infrastructure Transactions Unit (ITU) has been established within the Treasury. The ITU will transfer to the Commission once it is established and the successful candidates will become part of the Commission's team. More information on the Commission can be found at www.infrastructure.govt.nz.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, with a minimum of three years' experience in an analytical role, to join the Infrastructure Transactions Unit (ITU) primarily to oversee the end-to-end development of the infrastructure pipeline. The purpose of the infrastructure pipeline is to provide the infrastructure market place with a greater level of certainty about future projects, to help it gear-up capacity and capability to deliver. It will also inform the Commission's thinking as it develops a 30-year strategy to address New Zealand's infrastructure needs.
An understanding of, or experience, in the infrastructure sector would be desirable but not essential. The role would suit someone with expertise in commerce or economics, and experience in public policy processes (desirable but not essential). This role will also have an emphasis on external engagement so relationship management and influencing skills will be critical.
Key responsibilities include
- Developing the strategy and work plan for managing the infrastructure pipeline
- Leading the implementation of this strategy to ensure the ITU publish a pipeline of credible and investable infrastructure projects so the infrastructure sector can plan with certainty
- Providing strong analytical skills, assessing and reporting against the data presented in the pipeline
- Capturing issues and learnings from the development of the pipeline and identifying solutions to incorporate in future updates of the pipeline
- Engaging with key stakeholders in government agencies and the infrastructure sector with regards to the pipeline
To help us achieve our goals, we are looking for
- Experience applying in-depth strategic analysis to complex issues, particularly in high-pressure situations
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex issues and concepts clearly, succinctly and with influence
- Critical thinking and analytical ability
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders, including understanding different stakeholder's motivations
- Personal integrity, sound judgement and an honest and ethical approach
- Track record of creating practical solutions to complex and ambiguous problems
- Experience in improving the quality of the work of a team or organisation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of the machinery of government (desirable but not essential)
Applications close: Sunday 2nd June. All applications must be made online. Flexible work options available.
Please see the attached Job Descriptions for further details and for more information please contact Brenda Brownie, Project Coordinator on Brenda.Brownie@treasury.govt.nz.