Business Development Manager Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Auckland City
Maersk Auckland City urgently required following position for Business Development Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Development Manager Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Auckland City Jobs Details:
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a commercial customer facing role that has overall responsibility for the commercial and financial development of the Damco FFW Customer portfolio, within a defined geographical scope, through promoting and selling standard Damco products. The BDM will play an active role in managing and expanding a personal customer portfolio as a function of business needs.
The purpose of the role is to deliver planned levels of Business (Volume/Actual GP) from existing and targeted Customers, with a clear focus on Standard Products and predefined Trade lanes.
Damco is one of the fastest growing logistics companies in Asia Pacific. We are one of the leaders in supply chain management field and our customers are among top 500 fortune companies operating in different industries. Our business offers a broad range of service portfolios to our customers, including but not limited to ocean freight, airfreight, customs clearance, trucking, and warehousing.
We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and are continuously searching for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for our people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
1. Existing Customer development
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘Through The Till’ GP for the assigned Existing Customer portfolio, through the sale of Damco standard products and focus on selected trade lanes, and effective Book of Business management.
- Accountable for supporting the resolution of Operational customer issues, including interventions with customers to resolve escalated issues, DSO resolutions and also ensuring commitments to volumes are met (with proactive interventions in the event of deviation from agreements, and renegotiations thereafter, where necessary)
- Accountable for ensuring that contracts / agreements for all customers within their portfolio comply with blueprint guidelines, are comprehensive documented, maintained and appropriately communicated to all relevant Damco and external parties. The standard is the standard.
2. New Business Generation (should be possible to combine 1+2
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘through the till’ GP with a clear focus on our standard products and predefined trade lanes.
- Accountable for the pursuit of identified potential customers, through adoption the commercial blueprint ‘ways of working, thus creating a differentiating customer experience.
- Accountable for the “UpSelling” process within the geographic territory, whereby ‘Non Controlled’ shippers and network derived sales leads are comprehensively pursued across the network
3. ‘Ways of Working’
- Accountable for ensuring our processes, guidelines, tools and procedures are adopted without exception. The standard is the standard.
- Accountable for ensuring that the PSA CRM Open sales pipeline is sufficiently robust to ensure delivery of required Actual ‘Through The Till’ GP targets, whilst simultaneously ensuring an adequately strong platform for delivering result performance in the coming financial result period.
- Accountable for ensuring that periodically introduced sales campaigns to drive focused development of the customer portfolio is execute within your geographical scope.
- To act in a disciplined way, acting with integrity across the network.
We are looking for
- Experience in customer facing sales or business development role, ideally within the freight forwarding or logistics industry
- A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions and terminology, in the local market
- Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts.
- Proven track record in a matrix, multi-cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally.
- Developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiation skills
- Has strong needs evolution and questioning skills
- Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
- Self Motivated and performance driven
- Fluency in English and local language (where different)
- Must be eligible to work on a permanent basis in New Zealand
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.