Lead Surveyor Jobs Vacancy in Mcconnell Dowell Christchurch
Mcconnell Dowell Christchurch urgently required following position for Lead Surveyor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lead Surveyor Jobs Vacancy in Mcconnell Dowell Christchurch Jobs Details:
Lead Surveyor – Christchurch
We are looking for a Lead Surveyor to join our construction team working in Christchurch. Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Lead Surveyor manages a team of Surveyors and is responsible for all survey and set-out aspects of the project.
About the role:
- Manage survey staff by guiding them through the survey procedures and checking that those procedures are followed.
- Manage work responsibilities and duties for the survey team to align with weekly look ahead construction programs
- Establishing and/or verifying control data for the works.
- Establishing the position and location of all permanent and temporary works within the specified tolerances.
- Establishing and /or verifying benchmarks and recovery points.
- Enquiring the provision of positional verification services.
- Accurate interpretation of as-built data.
- Ensure accuracy and provide quality assurance of survey work including maintenance and checking of survey equipment.
- Organising survey activities to avoid delays to the construction works.
- Manage resourcing, equipment and costs of the survey team.
- Oversee and organise the maintaining of the Utility CADS file details
- Provide quantity measurement/ services to departments as required
Here's what you'll need:
- Tertiary qualification in surveying preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years surveying experience in the construction industry.
- Self-sufficient, requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Competent in use of survey packages.
- Ability to communicate with construction field staff and co-ordinate on survey issues.
- Fully proficient with 12D software and data usage.
We are a leading engineering and construction company operating across New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. We have constructed some of the largest and most challenging civil projects in these locations. The company also operates in Australia, SE Asia and the Middle East. Our expertise includes the construction of bridges, roads, tunnels, mining, infrastructure and ocean outfalls. We hire the best and brightest in our field. It is something we are proud of. We strive to be the industry leaders and it shows in our work.
Please apply online following the link. For further information about this role contact us at WorkWithUs@mcdroup.com