Systems And Inventory Manager Jobs Vacancy in Countdown Supermarkets
Countdown Supermarkets urgently required following position for Systems And Inventory Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems And Inventory Manager Jobs Vacancy in Countdown Supermarkets Jobs Details:
The Countdown Supply Chain team is responsible for moving millions of cartons into our supermarkets each week, and we are a key part of delighting our customers and “making kiwi’s lives a little better every day”. Countdown is investing in logistics, and this growth has resulted in the creation of a number of new and exciting roles over the past 12 months.
As our new Systems & Inventory Manager your role will be to optimise DC operations and service level delivery, by applying knowledge of all integrated end to end systems and through the pro-active & effective management of site systems & inventory functions. You will also play a leading role in working together to keep things simple for store teams.
Your main tasks in this role will be to:
- Provide innovative solutions to maximise efficiency and reduce costs in the supply chain, through analysis and projects
- Effectively maintain DC product range, manage new and deleted lines, and family groups through effective systems management and inventory integrity.
- To use knowledge of integrated end to end systems to support all key related business decisions
- Identify, develop and manage required event planning activity and support national project activities
- To be the primary contact for all Severity 1 and 2 problems
- Build and promote a team environment focused on working collaboratively
- Lead, motivate and engage direct reports through the use of effective people management processes and practices, building their capability to achieve individual, team and overall DC business objectives.
- Champion WMS & lead education session on an ongoing basis
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to, promoting safety policies and procedures on an ongoing basis
To thrive in this role you’ll have:
- Business/Management qualifications AND/OR demonstrated on the job operations, systems and inventory experience
- Experience in or understanding of Supply Chain Systems and Operations
- Excellent Microsoft Excel & Word skills
- Demonstrated Numeric aptitude
- Experience with various computer programs: Microsoft Office, Toad, WMS and SAP
- Good planning and problem solving skills and ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, confident and enthusiastic
- An approachable personality
- Logical thinking and effective problem-solving approaches
- A passion for proactively seeking continuous improvement methods
- A willingness to change
What’s in it for you?
We can offer you an attractive salary, fantastic company benefits which include a base salary, staff discounts as well as an incentive scheme, and also a company car. We pride ourselves on training and development, so you will always have the opportunity to grow within the business.
At Countdown we believe that we are here to make Kiwi’s lives a little better every day. If you want to be a part of our journey apply now.