Cyber Security Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Transpower
Transpower urgently required following position for Cyber Security Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cyber Security Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Transpower Jobs Details:
Do you want to work with the latest threat intelligence and specialised technology? Protect our control systems and help keep the lights on for all of Aotearoa?
Transpower connects New Zealanders to their power system, through safe, smart solutions for today and tomorrow. Convergence of Information Technology (IT) systems used for data centric computing with operational technology (OT) systems used to monitor events, processes and devices, will continue and accelerate into the future so maintenance and continuous improvement our cyber security landscape is essential.
About the Team
The Cyber Security Specialist works as a senior member of our Security Services Team within Network and Security Services (NSS), part of Transpower's Information Service and Technology Division (IST).
Working for the Security Services Manager and supported by the wider security team, you'll take responsibility for ensuring our cyber security posture is both maintained and improved to agreed maturity levels, defined by policy and leading practice. Working collaboratively within NSS and the wider IST team, you will also work with our wider geographically dispersed business to ensure the delivery and compliance of security services is maintained. This helps us keep electricity flowing, for New Zealanders.
About the role
You'll be accountable for the real-time incident management and event monitoring and the detection of anomalies within Transpower's Corporate and (ICS) Industrial Control Systems networks. As well as being proactive with our newly implemented security technologies, there is a need to assist with our ongoing security uplift programme working in an Agile and DevOps environment.
With challenging work requests, you'll utilise your positive and team centric character, and work with purpose to;
- Actively monitoring corporate and critical systems ensuring they remain protected from cyber security attacks; you'll be on our one week in five 24/7 Security Incident Response on-call roster
- Either lead or participate in incident handling and response initiatives and provide event and incident analysis, and triage
- Work with the wider security team to ensure security controls are both effective and continuously improved and with service providers and support partners to deliver compliance outcomes
- Operate our key security infrastructure
- Support the development, application improvement of key processes to support security compliance
- Facilitate Cyber security education and awareness within Transpower
A full position description is available below.
What are we looking for?
This is a key role in our security team for someone who is comfortable both asking for help when required, and leading security conversations with peers and cross functional groups. Your previous experience CV, and cover letter will demonstrate;
- 5 plus years' experience in Information Security in an operational and/or incident management role with understanding of governance, risk management and compliance in a large and complex matrix working environment
- The ability to quickly triage security events through the effective use of security tools, techniques and expertise
- Exposure to/working with advanced threat feeds and vulnerably scanning tools
- Hands on experience with technical security controls with working knowledge of firewalls, networking, SIEM, Cloud security technologies within a complex infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience applying security standards and controls - highly regarded will be NIST800-53, ISO27002, CIS (Centre for Internet Security)
- Understanding of enterprise Microsoft environments including Azure and Office 365 and key security features and controls
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written) to confidently communicate and consult internally, externally and with business on complex security matters
- Ability to produce detailed and accurately written security incident reports within tight time frames and act in a consultative advisory capacity on possible remediation work
While not essential, it's desirable that you have
- Have some exposure to risk and compliance activities, risk assessments and methodologies
- A basic understanding of forensic practices
- Either obtained SAN's certification or CISSP or be on the road to achieving your key security certifications
Why work for Transpower?
Our environment is stimulating with no shortage of challenges! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. Looking after our people is important to us. Our benefits on offer include a range health and wellness benefits to help you maintain your work/life balance. We encourage on the job learning and offer dynamic, meaningful work as part of an exciting and evolving sector.
If you are an IT Security pro seeking further challenge in a dynamic environment, and you love to keep people and systems safe, please apply without delay.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Role closes midnight, Monday June 3rd 2019
Are you interested in our 'why'? Watch the video here