Second Chef Boutique Wilderness Lodge Jobs Vacancy in Wilderness Lodges New Zealand Arthur’s Pass
Wilderness Lodges New Zealand Arthur’s Pass urgently required following position for Second Chef Boutique Wilderness Lodge. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Second Chef Boutique Wilderness Lodge Jobs Vacancy in Wilderness Lodges New Zealand Arthur’s Pass Jobs Details:
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki is a boutique nature lodge on the West Coast surrounded by Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Area (90km south of Fox Glacier). We offer our mainly overseas guests stylish accommodation gourmet meals and an exciting array of guided nature adventures. We are seeking a mature and enthusiastic second chef to join our team of hospitality professionals.
About the role:
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your skills working with quality ingredients. Our kitchen prides itself on consistently producing food of a very high standard.
The Second Chef will:
- Undertake general kitchen duties – prepare and serve breakfasts lunches and evening meals alongside an experienced head chef
- Work unsupervised to deliver the same high standards of food on the head chef's days off
- Work harmoniously as part of a small team living and working together in an isolated location.
Benefits and perks
This is a unique opportunity to live and work in one of the most wild and beautiful parts of the South Island.
- Competitive hourly rate along with an excellent opportunity to develop your kitchen skills in a boutique lodge setting.
- On site board and accommodation makes working hard and saving money easy.
- Fantastic location for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Walk kayak and explore right outside your front door.
- Work opportunities for a travel companion or partner undertaking other lodge duties primarily restaurant and housekeeping.
Skills and experience
Our team is enthusiastic and energetic and we hope to attract a like-minded second chef who:
- Has a passion for quality food and prior experience as a chef (preferably a minimum of two years).
- Is a mature team player comfortable living and work in a remote location (prior experience in similar environments an advantage)
- Is available to work the busy tourism season starting mid October through until early April.
If you can see yourself as part of our team we want to hear from you now. Please provide a CV and letter of introduction to:
Wilderness Lodges of New Zealand
Pay: $19-22 per hour depending on experience. Onsite accommodation provided (and meals).