Solicitor Litigation Permanent Full Time Gisborne Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Gisborne
New Zealand Government Gisborne urgently required following position for Solicitor Litigation Permanent Full Time Gisborne. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Solicitor Litigation Permanent Full Time Gisborne Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Gisborne Jobs Details:
Litigation Solicitor, Permanent, Full Time, Gisborne
- Provide proactive legal advice and support to ensure good decisions are made for tamariki.
- Work constructively with other counsel and the courts to progress decisions for children, young people and their whānau.
- Become an expert in litigation in the care and protection and youth justice jurisdictions.
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children supports children and young people in New Zealand. We work to advance the wellbeing and positive long-term outcomes of tamariki. In everything we do, the wellbeing and best-interests of our kids are paramount. The voices of children and young people underpin the design and operation of our services.
About the role:
A new legal team has been formed to support Oranga Tamariki to achieve the goal of all tamariki being in loving whānau and communities. The team is a central part of the business providing strategic advice across all work areas. We are seeking an experienced Litigation Solicitor to join our Legal Services team in Gisborne. You will be involved in providing high quality solution focused legal advice and advocacy services on the range of operational issues facing Oranga Tamariki. You will be provided with many opportunities to effectively and efficiently advance cases through the court system, with a focus on ensuring good outcomes for children.
The Litigation Solicitor will be responsible for providing support and assistance to Oranga Tamariki staff in the Gisborne region, provide support in the management of legal issues and risk and be accountable for the conduct of litigation in the Family Court and at times in the Youth Court or other tribunal. This is a role where you can build relationships in the community and work collectively with others to make a difference for tamariki.
To be successful you will have:
- Been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand and have (or be eligible for) a practicing certificate.
- Practical experience of at least two years providing advice to clients and in conducting litigation before courts and tribunals.
- Solid understanding of the justice system.
- Outstanding relationship management skills with the ability to promote the Legal Services team, internally and externally with our many stakeholders.
- A full clean driver's licence as travel may be required as part of this role.
- A good working knowledge of the legislation is applicable to this role
- Be committed to achieving good outcomes for children and young people
We offer a dedicated and supportive team, flexible work options and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki. This role, based primarily in Gisborne, also offers a good work life balance. Gisborne is a desirable geographical location which will appeal to those who enjoy fantastic summers and outdoor entertainment. Coupled with the chance to influence change, build great relationships with external stakeholders and make a difference – this role provides you with many opportunities.
How to apply:
- Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
- All external applicants including MSD employees – please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter. Please note all applications must be made online.
Applications close: 8 October 2018
To view the Position Description, please click here: