Senior Analyst Justice Security Government Services Jobs Vacancy in The Treasury Wellington City
- Senior Analyst Justice Security Government Services
- The Treasury
- Wellington City WGN
- 25 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
The Treasury Wellington City urgently required following position for Senior Analyst Justice Security Government Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Analyst Justice Security Government Services Jobs Vacancy in The Treasury Wellington City Jobs Details:
An exciting opportunity to work at the heart of government, having impact in some of New Zealand's most interesting and complex policy areas
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government's lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to be a world-leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders. Our work provides exposure to a wide range of issues and the opportunity to develop a broader understanding of government.
We have several opportunities for Senior Analysts to join our Justice, Security and Government Services team.
Through its advice to the Minister of Finance and other Ministers, our team seeks to help shape and influence policy across a broad range of areas, spanning the justice, defence, intelligence, government administration, and cultural sectors, as well as advising on Treaty of Waitangi negotiations.
Due to the breadth of the subject areas our team works in, we have some ability to shape individual work programmes to take into account different preferences, experience levels, and career goals.
Candidates will already have a significant breadth and depth of at least 5 years' analytical experience and be looking to further their development in a new and interesting environment.
- Experience in public policy (although we are open to a broad range of experience levels) and demonstrated ability to have impact
- Able to apply strong analytical, critical and strategic thinking skills to draw together diverse perspectives to get traction on ambiguous and/or complex issues leading to the provision of practical advice
- Able to engage constructively with other organisations and influence policy thinking
- Effective in communicating complex information clearly and succinctly to a range of audiences
- Motivated to grow and develop your skills
In return we can offer
- Challenging and interesting work, with the opportunity to influence important policy issues
- Depending on experience level and career goals, opportunities to lead projects and coach more junior staff
- A collaborative work environment where you will interact with a range of people both inside and outside of government
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations
- A passionate, supportive, and high performing team environment
At the Treasury, we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work life balance with flexible work arrangements.
Secondment arrangements from other government agencies will also be considered.
Applications close - 7 October 2018. All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail. For more information please contact Colin Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Justice, Security and Government Services team.