Southern Water Treatment Operator Jobs Vacancy in Watercare
Watercare urgently required following position for Southern Water Treatment Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Southern Water Treatment Operator Jobs Vacancy in Watercare Jobs Details:
Watercare Services Limited is principally responsible for supplying the Auckland region with high-quality water, as well as the efficient and environmentally friendly collection and treatment of wastewater.
The Southern Water Supply unit covers water treatment plants operation across Ardmore, Tuakau, Waiuku, and Bombay. We have an exciting opportunity for a Water Treatment Plant Operator, a role well suited to someone who is energetic, practically minded, and who are looking for a career and stability.
This role will be based at our Ardmore Water Treatment Plant in Papakura, or Waikato Water Treatment Plant in Tuakau, so travel to multiple sites will be required.
As a Water Treatment Plant Operator, you will monitor and review the treatment plant process performance. You will be involved in work ranging from manual tasks to operating computerised treatment systems.
The key tasks of the role include:
- Carrying routine plant operational checks and adjustments to ensure DWSNZ compliance
- Keeping adequate records
- Performing standard operating procedures and receiving chemicals
- Assisting in the development and review of standard operating procedures
- Participating in an out-of-hours callout roster providing emergency coverage for the water treatment plants within the Southern area (typically involves night and weekend work one week every month)
The preferred requirements for this role are:
- Full Driving License is required (ability to drive a manual vehicle would be preferred)
- Experience in data analysis, plant processes and report preparation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, asset databases, maintenance scheduling
- Proven knowledge of safety in and around water and the ability to swim 50m
- A Certificate or Diploma in Water Treatment would be beneficial
- Technical or trades qualification in a Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation discipline would be appreciated
In return, we offer:
In working for Watercare, you will be joining a diverse, professional team where continual training and development is available. As the successful candidate, you will be part of an organisation with a commitment to its staff and a commitment to the sustainable management of our environmental resources.
Watercare offers a competitive salary and a staff benefits package including:
- Training and development opportunities
- Life and income protection insurance plans
- Discounted banking package with ANZ
- Generous parental leave
- Employee discounts at a range of large retailers
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with lots of potential for development then apply now through our careers website www.careers.watercare.co.nz.