Assistant Librarian Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government
New Zealand Government urgently required following position for Assistant Librarian. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Librarian Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Jobs Details:
Proportional 0.6FTE (22.5 hours per week), fixed term
- Facilitate support for student academic success
- Manage electronic records in the library catalogue and institutional repository
- Deliver library services both “front of house” and “behind the scenes”
The Library and Information Services team work in partnership with academic and support departments and divisions to support Ara's educational objectives and student success. The team is multi-functional, responsible for co-ordinating and delivering all of the Library's collection services including lending and circulation, technical services (acquisitions, cataloguing, serials management), and facilitate access to Library information and collection resources that support and enhance teaching, learning and research for staff and students at Ara.
Applications are sought for a part time (22.5 hours per week) Assistant Librarian to facilitate access to Library information and collection resources that support and enhance learning, teaching and research for staff and students at Ara. This position is fixed term providing back-fill for a team member seconded to a parental leave cover position.
In this role you will work within the Academic Support team where a range of professionals work collaboratively to provide coherent, integrated student support.
- Facilitate access to Library services and collections
- Provide technical services including acquisitions, cataloguing and serials management and circulation services
- Undertake daily interloan requests and monitor the interloans management system (VDX) for interloan request problems, renewals and required actions
- Report on internloan statistics, process interloans monthly bill for finance and annual review of Ara interloans policy
- Deliver Library Information Services through rostered desk duties (roster may include evenings and weekends) and online via online chat facility, workshops & Q&A sessions
- Assist with lending and circulation tasks as required.
- Recent, relevant Library qualifications and experience
- Computing and web-based skills and familiarity with current IT applications
- Flexibility in availability for work including evenings and weekends
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding
- Understanding of the principles and practices of collection development, reference services and sources for information retrieval
- Understanding of cataloguing and metadata standards e.g. METS, MARC, Dublin-Core
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Enjoy excellent employment conditions, a great central city location and access to modern on-site facilities including Gym/Recreation Centre with free staff yoga and group fitness sessions, Visions on Campus Restaurant, two Childcare Centres and a Health Centre.
We accept applications via our online application system. For a job description and/or to apply online please visit http://www.ara.ac.nz/about-us/work-at-ara.
If you have any queries in relation to the vacancy or application process, please contact the People and Development team via PeopleandDevelopment@ara.ac.nz or 03 940 8623. Emailed applications will not be considered.
Applications close – Sunday 7 October 2018