Landside Logistics Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Woolworths Group Hillsborough
Woolworths Group Hillsborough urgently required following position for Landside Logistics Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Landside Logistics Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Woolworths Group Hillsborough Jobs Details:
Supply Chain is at the heart of Countdown, and key to the success of our business. This is a new function being established to manage fairly large import volumes from port into our distribution network. The role will have a direct reporting line into the Operations Manager within our International supply chain team based in AU, but also have a dotted line into NZ national 3PL manager. In this role, you'll play an integral part of one of New Zealand’s largest and most exciting supply chain networks.
As the Landside Logistics Specialist your role will be to plan, manage and continually improve the destination activities for international sourced products across all business units of Woolworths with the focus on Safety, Service and Cost; to ensure that all 3PLs contracted for destination activities provide the required service level at an optimal cost. This includes and is not limited to partnering with the ports, MPI, freight forwards, transport and our de-vanning facilities.
- Effectively manage (through service agreements) our third party relationships to ensure that key performance targets are met.
- Continually improve and innovate the New Zealand landside operations to enhance service and improve costs.
- Forecast, plan and execute destination activities, including for peak season and key events at industry best service level and minimal cost.
- Proactively manage the domestic service providers (3PLs), including day-to-day operational execution, performance management and commercial management.
- Implement clear, transparent and consistent processes with 3PLs to meet objectives of International Logistics Team.
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders both in New Zealand & Australia, with robust reporting on Safety, service & cost outcome.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes and skills:
- Broad international transport industry exposure knows their way around the industry.
- Technical understanding on how the domestic legs of the international supply chain operates
- Commercially aware, exposure to logistics contracts
- Strong planning skills, an eye for detail (project management exposure desirable)
- Effective time management, documentation capability and displayed commercial acumen.
- Strong operational experience.
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain and transport operations ideally within the International Logistics, FMCG, 3PL or retail sectors.
- Experience in collaborating with others to achieve outcomes.
- Customer service background and strong customer service focus.
- Ability to balance longer term strategic direction with shorter term operational needs.
- Works well under pressure and displays confidence, leadership and professionalism.
- Persistent and outcome driven.
- Strategic thinker with strong change management skills
As the successful candidate, you will have built up significant experience in Supply Chain, Logistics and Distribution, and have a strong foundation of strategic business principles.
Stakeholder engagement will be second nature as you easily navigate through the wider business, developing strong relationships. You will be agile, flexible and enjoy working in a fast paced and changing business environment.
At Countdown we believe that we are here to make Kiwi’s lives a little better every day. This is an excellent opportunity to help deliver and play a key role in driving Countdown's future vision. We can offer you an attractive remuneration package coupled with an exciting career within Supply Chain.
If you are up for the challenge of this role, please apply now!