Social Worker Oranga Tamariki Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government
New Zealand Government urgently required following position for Social Worker Oranga Tamariki. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Social Worker Oranga Tamariki Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Jobs Details:
Location: Waikato, NZ
Company: Oranga Tamariki
Social Worker – Te Awamutu, Hamilton
- Make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Join a caring, supportive team
- Use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks
- A salary range between $54,746.80 - $91,606
- Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
- A great, respectful team environment who celebrate each other's successes
- Support to achieve your goals through tailored training and career development opportunities
- Reimbursement for your annual practicing fee
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Work alongside various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the child, young person and family
- Be involved in planning what social work to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau is required to be delivered
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Transition children and young people back to their families or into their forever home
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we're on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
Our Waikato Rural South site is soon moving to a new purpose built base in Te Awamutu. We are a smaller site with 3 teams of social workers who cover the coastal communities, across to Cambridge and Tauwhare and inclusive of Te Awamutu, Otorohanga and Te Kuiti areas. Our team are organised and enjoy having fun but above all else are passionate about doing what's right for our tamariki, rangatahi and community.
What you will bring?
- A tertiary social work qualification
- A full, clean, valid driver's licence
- Registration with the Social Work Registration Board or able to register
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
- Sound judgement skills
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Good written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes
- A positive outlook and supporting nature
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally.
If you have any queries, please contact Terri Telford at email@example.com. #LI-ORG
Hurry as applications close the 16th of June 2019