Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Kuehne Nagel Auckland City
Kuehne Nagel Auckland City urgently required following position for Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Kuehne Nagel Auckland City Jobs Details:
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment; juggling competing priorities and seeing positive results? Due to an internal promotion, we have a vacancy open up for an Operations Manager to coordinate resources and priorities to service our clients and optimize the operation. Ensuring KPIs are met while focusing on continuous improvements and standardisation. This position is responsible for a team of 12, reporting to the General Manager of Contract Logistics
Your tasks and responsibilities
- As Operations Manager, it is your responsibility to ensure the team is working productivity and meeting KPIs while maintaining a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- You will ensure all aspects of the business are in line with relevant H&S regulations and company policies.
- Staff to be managed through hands on coaching, training and performance management.
- Ensuring business costs are controlled and in line with P&L forecasts.
- Ensuring ongoing and consistent customer service satisfaction and ensuing regular communication with customers on performance and continuous improvement projects
- Ensuring effective communication and feedback to your team on KPIs, and business activities.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with all internal departments, such as HR, payroll, and IT.
- Leading and supporting a continuous improvement attitude and approach with the team
Your skills and experience
- You are a strong leader figure who is approachable, yet affirmative.
- You know how to report KPIs to measure effectively the performance of the operations.
- Through your managerial experience you know how to form and motivate a team to reach required targets.
- You know how to adapt and change approach to different situations and colleagues.
- You are fluent in preparing reports in Excel, dealing with a warehouse management system and working with MS Office applications.
- You have proven experience dealing with multiple challenging customers.
- Successful history juggling competing priorities and changing targets.
- Experience dealing with multiple issues, and managing corrective actions and effective communication.
- An enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude and drive to succeed.
You will be comfortable in picking up new systems and like working in a team environment. Your can-do and positive attitude will enable you to build successful relationships with not only your team, but external customers and suppliers. You will be keen to learn and pick up new skills and have a genuine interest in developing a career in the logistics industry.
This is a full time, permanent position. You must be flexible with start and finish times including overtime on the weekend if required.
Human Resources Department
Kuehne + Nagel NZ
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com