Multimedia Developer Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North
Massey University Palmerston North urgently required following position for Multimedia Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Multimedia Developer Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North Jobs Details:
The Centre for Teaching and Learning seeks a highly motivated and experienced multimedia developer to join our team providing rich and innovative digital learning resources and support to staff in the provision of digitally-enabled learning.
Supporting the design and development of innovative and pedagogically sound multimedia digital learning objects and resources, you will be providing video and audio pre-production, filming and editing services which are critical to the adoption and integration of multimedia into the online learning environment.
As the successful applicant you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience using multimedia in teaching and developing end-user documentation or other self-help materials in a higher education teaching or training role. You will be working broadly in an advisory role; it is essential have demonstrated experience providing multimedia development and support within a large organisation coupled with tertiary qualification to reflect your specialist knowledge of the uses of current and emerging multimedia technologies.
The closing date for this role January 2018 - we envision shortlisting and interviews to take place late January 2018 with appointment shortly after.
Job description Purpose statement To provide multimedia learning object development services and support staff to enable efficient and pedagogically effective use of the multimedia in the provision of digitally-enabled learning.
Responsible to Educational Technology Manager
Key accountabilities Support
• Assist in the design and development of innovative and pedagogically sound multimedia digital learning objects and resources.
• Provide video and audio pre-production, filming and editing services and support to staff.
• To support staff with the adoption and integration of multimedia into the online learning environment.
• Liaise with staff on their plans for the use of multimedia in the online learning environment.
• Provide a professional consultancy service to staff on specialist uses of current and emerging multimedia technologies.
• Advise staff users on the appropriate use of multimedia technologies in line with University strategy, policy and practice.
• Design support materials and develop common templates to promote consistent and purposeful use of multimedia and related technologies in the online learning environment.
• Undertake testing of new multimedia tools and techniques to evaluate their technical and pedagogical strengths and weaknesses.
• Support and work collaboratively with colleagues in NCTL and across the University to promote efficient and effective use of multimedia in the online learning environment
• Perform other relevant duties as required
Person specification Qualifications • A relevant tertiary qualification
• A relevant teaching qualification is highly desirable
Experience • Experience in using multimedia in teaching (2 + years)
• Experience in the provision of multimedia development and support within a large organisation (1+ years)
• Experience in a higher education teaching or training role (1+ years)
• Experience in developing end-user documentation or other self-help materials (1+ years)
Personal attributes and behaviours Technical Abilities
• Competence in the use of a range of standard and relevant multimedia software packages.
• Technical knowledge of PC and Macintosh computers and multimedia.
• Competence in the use of complex web-based applications.
• Competence in a variety of computer operating environments.
• Ability to relate to staff and explain solutions in a manner that is understandable to all user levels.
• A positive can-do attitude and willingness to be a part of a team.
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.