Boilermaker Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Oceanagold
Oceanagold urgently required following position for Boilermaker Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Boilermaker Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Oceanagold Jobs Details:
- Open Pit Mining Maintenance Workshop
- Lifestyle roster - seven on, seven off
- Day and night shifts
Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor the primary responsibilities of the Boilermaker is to safely and efficiently perform welding, general engineering and fabrication to repair and maintain open pit mining machinery.
Working in a positive team environment where knowledge is shared, and ongoing training is provided, you will ensure we are implementing industry best practice and following our approved SOPs.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Routine inspections, monitoring, and recording the condition of and replacement of G.E.T and wear package materials on machinery attachments for all open pit mining equipment
- Planned maintenance and inspections of the site facilities, tooling and other workshop equipment
- Monitor and record wear rates of wear package materials on buckets, blades and bodies
- Assess, plan and supervise engineering projects and complete reporting
- Record and report usage of all components, parts and other resources on work-order job cards
- General welding repairs and light fabrication work
- Attending and assisting with breakdowns of the mining fleet and ancillary plant as required
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping
- Role model best practice mechanically, the Company Values and Crucial Behaviours
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a National Certificate in Engineering - Fabrication (Level 4) or similar
- excellent communication skills
- proven ability working under pressure
- ideally certificates in: first aid; forklift; overhead crane; rigging and slinging and work at height to the relevant NZ standards
- computer skills
- ideally at least five years’ experience within an open pit mining environment or other heavy industry
- effective decision-making skills
- the ability to work well in a team environment and independently whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- a commitment to a high level of housekeeping skills
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OUR VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Tuesday, 3 April 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.