Workhop Supervisor Signatory Jobs Vacancy in Sgs
Sgs urgently required following position for Workhop Supervisor Signatory. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Workhop Supervisor Signatory Jobs Vacancy in Sgs Jobs Details:
To manage the engineering labour and material resources in accordance with company procedures and practices. Ensure the provision of high level of customer service and care, schedule the workflow to meet customer needs and quality requirements, and take responsibility for, promote and ensure compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS) in the workshop.
The Workshop Supervisor is responsible for the efficient operation of the workshop or related activities, including the safety and general wellbeing of workshop staff.
A Signatory will verify work associated with the repair, modification, checking, testing of industrial valves has been completed in accordance with the QMS and meets all regulatory requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Assist with ensuring the following accountabilities and targets met, preferably exceeded.
- Labour Hour Units (BHAG) – Ensure budgets are met, preferably exceeded.
- Financial Performance (Turnover) – Ensure budgets are met, preferably exceeded.
- Resource Management (GP % Margins) – Ensure budgets are met, preferably exceeded.
- Product Safety – Negate or minimize valve or valve related failures while in-service, attributable to SGS-IVE work. Rework is measured. NCR are measured.
- Client/Customer Retention – Interactions are measured. Customer Satisfaction is measured. Ensure no clients/customers are lost.
- Staff Safety – Ensure no lost time injuries and client site safety breaches.
- Staff Engagement – Staff NPS is measured. Staff Training goals achieved.
- Legislative Compliance – Ensure no breaches of local or national laws or regulations.
- Quality Compliance – Ensure accreditation to IANZ and BVQI are maintained.
- Process Compliance – Ensure reporting, financial and process criteria are met. No surprises for the General Manager.
A Workshop Supervisor shall:
- Use resources in the most cost effective and profitable manner
- Scheduling of incoming product and organising delivery of completed product in a timely, cost effective manner
- Assist in overcoming technical problems and enhance the effectiveness of the products by supervising the maintenance requirements
- Ensure the QMS is correctly executed and recommend changes to the quality system as appropriate
- Monitor rework and actively participate in continuous improvement projects and make appropriate recommendations
- Control and prevent non conformances
- Identify and meet staff training and development needs
- Oversee and approve purchase orders for normal engineering trade practices and capital expenditure for individual engineering items as required
- Prepare quotes from specifications, plans and diagrams provided by the customer
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectation in all projects completed
- Promoting and upholding SGS-IVE values
- Continuously seek the most efficient way to carry out job responsibilities
- Recognise and act on business opportunities in an ethical manner
- Project company image through maintaining a high standard of organisation, presentation and ethics
- Keep up-to-date on relevant engineering technological advances
- Adhere to all safe working practices, looking after yourself and those around you
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects and make appropriate recommendations for improvement to our operational and quality systems
- Document all work done on the appropriate worksheets and verify that all other documentation has been completed accurately
- Adhere to the QMS and verify that the procedures and test methods have been followed
- Verify that tested valves comply with the appropriate standard and can be certified accordingly
- Give training to other staff as reasonably requested
- Mechanical aptitude, needs to like engineering and has a proven history in the industry
- Is the King/Queen of communication – professional and with empathy
- Has a Customer Service focus
- Has an organised and efficient approach
- Has a Positive Achievement orientation
- Willingness to travel to customer sites around NZ
- Business and profit minded with related technical know-how
- Mechanically Minded – Holds a relevant trade qualification and has the technical knowledge & experience that comes with having 5+ yrs industry experience
- Technical – Understand and be familiar with the various standards and testing procedures applicable to the required standards, including the QMS
- Leadership – Effective leadership skills including the ability to motivate, mentor and coach people with a proven history in a supervisory capacity
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with fluency in English. and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy – Above average computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Teamwork – Ability to work effectively and productively with others
- Customer Focus – Relationship building skills and a high level of customer service
- Personal Motivation – Demonstrate initiative, pro-activeness and ability to implement change
- Safety Conscious – Proactively considers safety requirements when completing all tasks
- Physically Capable – Ability to complete the physical demands of the role e.g. lifting, moving valves, working at heights, walking distances etc
- A current, clean New Zealand drivers licence, that is commensurate with your age