Innovation Team Leader Protect Supply Horticulture Pest Control Jobs Vacancy in Scientific Technical Recruitment Limited
- Innovation Team Leader Protect Supply Horticulture Pest Control
- Scientific Technical Recruitment Limited
- 13 Nov, 2017 30+ days ago
Scientific Technical Recruitment Limited urgently required following position for Innovation Team Leader Protect Supply Horticulture Pest Control. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Innovation Team Leader Protect Supply Horticulture Pest Control Jobs Vacancy in Scientific Technical Recruitment Limited Jobs Details:
Lead at the interface between Kiwifruit Innovation & Commercial Enterprise! Contribute through your pest & disease control experience and strategic vision!
- Global Organization, ‘Leading Edge Horticulture Research’
- Be the face of ‘Kiwifruit Innovation and Enterprise’
- Multifaceted role, leading the ‘Protect Supply’ portfolio
Introduction Our client, an internationally respected grower-owned and established organisation, continually focuses on providing premium quality and value, to their brand of fruit and are known for being the ‘best in the world.’ Innovation and a world-class breeding programme dedicated to the development of new varieties, concurrent with optimisation of orchard productivity for the existing varieties, efficient pre and post-harvest management, supply chain optimisation contributing to effective value chain development are key strategies to ensure their leading global reputation.
Based at Tauranga, Bay of Plenty in NZ, the Innovation Team Leader – Protect Supply position is part of a broader Innovation team charged with developing a world-class research and development (R&D) programme to create value for a sustainable industry. Utilizing your extensive background in pest and disease management and proven scientific project management experience, you will lead the Protect Supply research and science platform within the organisation.
Requirements Managing five key portfolios including Psa Management, Biosecurity Research, Crop Protection, Market Access Research and Food Safety; your focus will be to lead the research and development solutions, from inception to adoption, focused on mitigating risk for the industry on orchard, in the packhouse and into market, in New Zealand and offshore growing regions.
Key responsibilities of this role will include;
- Management of the Protect Supply research platform in New Zealand and Globally with the objective to mitigate risk through residue free pest and disease control.
- Identifying knowledge gaps to create project plans for presentation and approval by the steering groups, Board Innovation Subcommittee (BIS) and Kiwi Vine Health (KVH) Board.
- Management of the KVH relationship in Psa and Biosecurity, where you will liaise and consult with KVH on the portfolio strategy, programmes and research projects to achieve portfolio objectives
- Creating Project Contracts, Pricing models, Methodologies, Timelines, Intellectual Property implications and managing scope and cost.
- Project management, including liaison and co-ordination of industry steering groups, project leaders and project team members, monitoring of milestones concomitant with accurate and timely reporting.
- Diligently communicate research project outcomes to key stakeholders, where, you will provide expert evaluation and reporting on the effectiveness of completed projects, following through to providing advice and support on effective dissemination of knowledge to end users.
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders including growers, suppliers, consultants, industry groups, and research providers to ensure highest level of commercial, political and scientific support for organisation’s research portfolio.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Horticulture/Agriculture or a similar field such as Entomology, Plant Pathology, Crop Protection or Biosecurity.
- Proven working experience at a Senior Level within a similar sector.
- Project Management experience with the ability to plan projects well in advance, taking into account resources, deviations and deadlines.
- Strategic ability to identify issues and opportunities and develop communications solutions that deliver on business goals and values.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels of the business, whilst, consistently upholding the organisation’s values and ethics.
- Intuitive and logical problem solving skills, where you are able to make informed decisions.
- Self-motivated, resilient with a ‘can do’ attitude and a high level of flexibility to adapt to change in circumstances.
Reporting to the General Manager – Innovation, the role requires strong strategic, project management, communication and leadership skills. There is one direct report, to support the various projects and outputs required within the platform. Working collaboratively within the wider Innovation Team, you will ensure alignment and strategic agreement of research portfolios.
This is a rare and exciting position where you will have the enviable opportunity to play a pivotal role within this prestigious organisation’s New Zealand R & D Portfolio as well their Global Expansion Strategy. To learn more about this outstanding opportunity, apply online today with a CV and Cover letter in WORD format only, quoting job number 16/1710/PB to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Pavan on 09 525-5520 for a confidential discussion.