Alcohol And Drug Youth Clinician General Focus Kingsland Jobs Vacancy in Waitemata District Health Board North West Auckland
- Alcohol And Drug Youth Clinician General Focus Kingsland
- Waitemata District Health Board North West Auckland
- 13 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Waitemata District Health Board North West Auckland urgently required following position for Alcohol And Drug Youth Clinician General Focus Kingsland. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Alcohol And Drug Youth Clinician General Focus Kingsland Jobs Vacancy in Waitemata District Health Board North West Auckland Jobs Details:
CADS Altered High Youth Service
The CADS Altered High Youth Service is a vibrant and innovative service for young people from the age of 13 to 20 years who present in relation to alcohol and other drug issues. We provide a service that strives to maintain and improve quality, standards of clinical practice, community and professional relationships and networks, and supports the growth and development of staff. We are a mobile regional community team, based in Kingsland and a current driver's licence is essential.
We are currently looking for a full-time Clinician who will have a general alcohol and drug counselling focus with young people and their families / whānau.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate a willingness and commitment to working in partnership with Maori and Pacific Island youth services and with a range of services and sectors such as Child and Adolescent Mental Health services, Oranga Tamariki (formerly known as Child Youth and Family/CYF), Non-Government Organisations, Education and Justice.
- Relevant three year tertiary qualification and professional registration.
- Relevant knowledge of, and experience working with youth and their families/ whānau.
- Knowledge of the concepts and implications of the Harm Reduction model, and willingness to work within this framework.
- Proven skills in clinical assessment, treatment planning and goal setting.
- Ability to develop and implement treatment plans in line with client goals.
- Experience in counselling and group work.
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective networks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Drivers licence for both manual and automatic vehicles.
- Computer skills.
- Extensive experience working with youth and their families/whānau.
- Knowledge of and working with Oranga Tamariki (youth justice and care and protection).
- Significant experience and/or training in the alcohol and drug field.
- Relevant training in family work
- Relevant postgraduate health or education related tertiary qualification.
- General Focus Clinician
For more information about the position please contact Toni Bowley, Service Manager on 09 815 5854 and for more information on our recruitment process, please contact Glenn Bratton, Recruitment Consultant on 09 442 7251.
Closing date: 30 January 2018 Position number: NOR00847