Retail Sales Merchandiser Jobs Vacancy in Mitre Auckland City
Mitre Auckland City urgently required following position for Retail Sales Merchandiser. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Retail Sales Merchandiser Jobs Vacancy in Mitre Auckland City Jobs Details:
New owners have taken over Mitre 10 Mega Botany and
some exciting plans are in train for this iconic store. They are seeking
a super star to join them in the merchandising space to and some innovation and
creativity to the presentation of products and events at Mitre 10 Mega Botany.
The Mitre 10 retail network is NZ based, with each store locally owned and operated. The new owners of Mitre 10 Mega Botany will be working alongside you in the store.
Nationwide, Mitre 10 Mega is the market leader and dominates the Auckland DIY market. Mitre 10 Mega has consistently been ranked as one of the most trusted brands in NZ.
You will be a key member of a significant retail operation at Mitre 10 Mega Botany. The new owners have begun a major store refresh and upgrade which will drive increased demand and store profile in the area.
Regular product promotions, events and seasonal changes results in the presentation of the store constantly changing and our drive is to have all product well presented and stocked at all times with promotions and events well supported by the store.
This role in merchandising demands energy, creativity and innovation.
The successful candidate will have an eye for detail and the capability of looking through the eyes of the customer.
Due to the volume of promotions and events the constant change demands a reasonable level of planning discipline, with close collaboration with in store department managers, suppliers and Mitre 10 NZ Support Office.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Passionate about delivering a positive customer experience
- Great product presentation and product knowledge
- Supplier and inventory management of stock
- Coordination and presentation of marketing collateral
- Ability to meet sales and margin targets
- Commitment to upholding Health & Safety procedures
- Energy to burn mixed with a passion and enthusiasm for customer engagement
- At least 2-3 years in a comparable product merchandising role
- Ability to make commercially viable merchandising choices
- The WOW factor
- Hunger for success and don’t mind some hard work backed with some fun
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A pro-active “can-do” attitude with a willingness to learn
- Attention to detail – a ‘Completer Finisher’
- Ability to move furniture, store props and product.
This role represents an exciting growth opportunity to be part of a very well respected New Zealand brand, with management support around coaching, career development opportunities and a structured retail and product training programme.
If you tick all the boxes please prepare a short cover letter outlining why you are the person we need to hire, and submit with your current resume. If you do not have the requisite experience, please do not apply.
Only applicants with full entitlement to work in NZ and currently living in NZ will be accepted.
We will acknowledge all applicants who submit a compliant application. Non-compliant applications will not be considered.