Advisor Eez Compliance Fixed Term Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Wellington City
New Zealand Government Wellington City urgently required following position for Advisor Eez Compliance Fixed Term. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Advisor Eez Compliance Fixed Term Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Wellington City Jobs Details:
This is a rare opportunity for someone with the right technical knowledge, experience, and attitude, to work in our EEZ team.
What we're looking for
We are seeking a self-motivated person who is keen to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders, by working in a central government regulatory agency.
This position will contribute to monitoring and compliance function for activities covered by the Exclusive Economic Zone and Continental Shelf (Environmental Effects) Act 2012. This includes providing quality technical advice.
Experience in a relevant industry, such as marine, oil and gas, mining, and/or experience working in a regulatory compliance environment is required. A good understanding of compliance principles and processes and a working knowledge of environmental legislation, preferably in the offshore marine environment is an advantage.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a tertiary qualification in the physical or environmental sciences engineering or equivalent senior level work experience involving offshore minerals, petroleum exploration, or extraction industry
- Solid operational experience
- Previous experience in a regulatory capacity and/or experience in managing environmental risk
- Experience in regulatory compliance, ideally within central or local government
- Experience in dealing with complex technical and scientific data and an ability to express that in plain English
- Has experience in using information to identify areas of risk, in marine, environmental or natural resources
- Has proven negotiation and conflict management skills.
Project management, self-motivation and strong communication skills will be valued, as will your commitment to a great team environment.
As well as working with the regulated community, you will also work closely with compliance agencies. To be considered for this role in addition to the above, you must have experience and/or qualifications in at least one of the following:
- Auditing, ideally with formal certification, such as with IRCA
- Inspections and investigations.
This is a fixed term position based in our Wellington CBD offices. The term is expected to cover approximately 15 months.
Due to the nature of the role, it will be important for the successful person to have the ability to travel at short notice and operate for several days at a time in other locations throughout New Zealand.
Please visit our website www.epa.govt.nz for the position description and application form.
For further information about this opportunity please contact Maree Drumm, Assistant HR Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for the Position
To apply, please seek your Manager's approval and email a covering letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 24 January 2018