Campus Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Wellington City
Massey University Wellington City urgently required following position for Campus Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Campus Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Wellington City Jobs Details:
Massey University’s National Campus Operations Team is looking for an experienced operations and people manager to lead our Campus Operations Team on the Wellington Campus in its pursuit of delivering excellence in campus operations. You will be responsible for leading, managing and coordinating a range of operational functions, third party providers, and commercial relationships on the Wellington Campus and contribute to national level initiatives as required.
The role requires excellent organisational and communication skills, experience of contract negotiations, establishment and management, a high level of financial acumen, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team in a busy environment. Components of the role include responding to requests from internal and external stakeholders relating to campus operations, establishment and management of third party service contracts and relationships, as well as some project related work.
A strong work ethic and commitment to quality as well as high levels of professionalism are required, as is the desire to be a proactive and innovative member of a great team. While based in Wellington this position is part of a newly formed national team and will give the successful applicant the opportunity to be part of developing a national approach to campus operations and service delivery for the University.
If you have the skills and attributes we require and the attitude to want to make a difference, we would like to hear from you.
Job description Purpose statement To support Massey University’s National Campus Operations Team to deliver excellence in campus operations through leading, managing and coordinating a range of operational functions, third party providers, and commercial relationships on the Wellington Campus and by contributing to and leading national level initiatives as required.
Includes negotiating/managing relationships with a number of commercial businesses operating on the campus, managing the teams responsible for campus services including health services, recreation, traffic and security, and overseeing other campus operations functions.
Responsible to Deputy Registrar, Operations
Key accountabilities Responsible for: STAFF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Recreation Services
• Health & Counselling Services
• Operations Helpdesk
• Security, traffic, parking and building custodial services
Assistant Vice-Chancellor Operations, External Relations, International & University Registrar
Deputy Registrar Operations
Associate Director Campus Operations
Director Student Services
National Director, Facilities Management
Members of the Wellington Campus Administration Teams
Senior staff across the University
College academic & general staff
Wellington Students’ Association
Other Managers and colleagues based at Manawatu and Auckland
External (as appropriate)
Local business community
Third party providers such as sporting codes, business operators.
On campus service contract providers
• Leading and supporting the Recreation Centre and Health & Counselling services including the development, negotiation and monitoring of strategic plans, annual and budgetary plans, resource management requirement, and policy implementation.
• Liaising closely with the Student Services Team in regard to matters associated with the operation and delivery of key services to students.
• Providing strategic and operational advice to the Deputy Registrar Operations and campus operations teams, particularly in relation to key issues, risks, and opportunities.
• Representing the Deputy Registrar or Associate Director Operations when required.
• Managing the provision of commercial services on campus such as Catering, travel services, cleaning services etc. This will include negotiating and preparing leases, and on-going account management of these commercial services operators.
• Ensuring all Health & Safety and other legal obligations are met by units and by commercial services operators.
• Identifying new commercial based opportunities to increase revenue streams.
• Identifying new and strengthen existing relationships which will enhance the University’s reputation.
• Working closely with Facilities Management on matters relevant to campus and commercial operations on campus.
• Liaising with the University’s People & Organisational Development unit, manage the human resource operations, including appointments, performance and planning reviews, remuneration, leave plans, occupational health and safety, and staff development, and ensure all units undertake these same responsibilities.
• Ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the delivery of services to clients and members of the Centres.
• Ensuring Professional Body membership requirements are met such as medical & counselling professional standards, fitness centre registrations (REP’s).
• Ensuring customer service excellence is reflected in the delivery of all services and processes.
• Ensuring the provision of a range of services are available to enhance the wellbeing of students and the efficient operation of the Wellington Campus.
• Engaging regularly with relevant units on the Manawatu & Auckland campuses to ensure alignment, delivery and performance of services is consistent and efficiencies are maximised.
• Managing budgets as delegated by the Deputy Registrar, Operations.
• Participate in or lead committees or working groups as and when required.
• Manage or participate in strategic projects as determined by the Deputy Registrar Operations.
• Chair the Wellington Campus Emergency Management Committee and actively engage with the Campus Health and Safety Advisor.
• In an emergency situation act as Incident Controller for the Campus Emergency Management Team.
• Proactively contribute to emergency management needs across the University.
• Other duties as and when required.
Person specification Personal attributes and behaviours Key Competencies:
• Sees relationships amongst complex trends and events from many unrelated areas.
• Demonstrates evidence of thinking about future needs and requirements and developing comprehensive strategies to achieve key results for the campus and the University.
• Determines courses of action with regard to short and longer-term needs, taking care to balance the two.
• Defines and articulates long-term positioning and direction of the campus in keeping with a “One-University” approach.
• Actively involved in the development, writing, communication and enactment of an appropriate strategic plan and budget for area of responsibility.
• Modifies communication style and content to a wide range of specific audiences without sacrificing the integrity of the message or omitting the essential elements of the argument or issues.
• Appropriately uses a range of communication and presentation techniques.
• Makes use of questioning to confirm that information has been received and that audience attention is maintained.
• Anticipates impact on people of information and decisions.
• Actively seeks the views of others who think differently, acknowledges their value and makes an effort to understand their point of view.
• Diffuses potentially hostile situations and calms down emotional / angry people.
• Provides information to assist the team to work effectively – including sharing of own expertise and inviting input from colleagues.
• Applies models of group processes in organising and motivating group activities.
• Takes charge in crisis situations.
• Provides team colleagues with vision and direction.
• Inspires and motivates team colleagues to maximise their potential and obtain commitment.
• Models ideal leadership behaviour.
• Liaise with staff in other units of the National Director of Student Services and National Director of Facilities Management teams to ensure a coherent approach to building the student support and academic enrichment culture of Massey University.
• Provide leadership which motivates and encourages innovative, client focused and collaborative working relationships.
• Build positive working relationships with all staff across the University who have interaction with areas of responsibility in order for Unit to operate effectively.
• Provide a client-focused and integrated approach to external and internal customer needs, both, to ensure that all customers receive professional, timely and appropriate responses.
Managing Performance and Risk
• Delegates considering a range of factors including ability, risk, and developmental opportunity.
• Identifies and takes action to minimise risks.
• Balances resources across competing demands.
• Feedback is timely, specific and clear and supported by relevant evidence.
• Establishes and monitors performance targets through formal performance management and development systems or approach.
• Deals directly with staff performance issues through a recognised counselling / coaching method.
Planning and Organising
• Prioritises work. Deals with work in the appropriate order of importance and recognises the work that is urgent.
• Gets the job done without compromising accuracy and quality.
• Reassesses priorities and reschedules work as the situation/demands change.
• Effectively manages and co-ordinates processes and other parties.
• Controls and drives the process rather than letting events dictate timeframes.
• Identifies several likely explanations or causes for a situation.
• Applies a range of approaches within University constraints to provide the best solutions for customer.
• Identifies where appropriate more than one solution or alternative approach and weighs up alternative options.
• Discusses / describes a number of likely consequences of an action.
Results and Achievement Focus
• Initiates, develops and implements ways to do things better, or more efficiently.
• Stretches oneself, showing a willingness to take manageable risks to achieve results.
• Pushes oneself and others for results and/or has many goals active at once.
• Consistently achieves or betters agreed objectives.
• Adapts readily to a changing internal and external environment.
Additional Pre-employment Checks Credit check and Criminal History Check