Pre And Post Harvest Technician France Jobs Vacancy in Scientific Technical Recruitment Limited Auckland City
Scientific Technical Recruitment Limited Auckland City urgently required following position for Pre And Post Harvest Technician France. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Pre And Post Harvest Technician France Jobs Vacancy in Scientific Technical Recruitment Limited Auckland City Jobs Details:
Rare opportunity to be part of the ‘Kiwi’ success! Provide key technical and analytical support to kiwifruit orchard research and operations
- ‘Leading Edge’ Horticulture Research
- Build your career within a Global Organization
- Based in Dax, France
Introduction Our client, an internationally respected grower-owned and established organisation, continually focuses on providing premium quality and value, to their brand of kiwifruit and are known for being the ‘best in the world’. Innovation, a world-class breeding programme dedicated to the development of new varieties concomitant with optimisation of orchard productivity, supply chain optimisation are their key strategies to ensure their leading global reputation.
Based in Dax, France the Pre and Post-Harvest Technician is a key role within the Technical team and is responsible for pre harvest activities in France including the smart monitoring programme, crop estimation and maturity clearances, as well as post-harvest activities including pre-harvest orchard evaluation, dry matter audit and analysis, coolstore and cool chain monitoring, storage trials and quality assurance audits along with providing ZGS French suppliers with technical support.
Key responsibilities of this role will include;
- Coordinate set up and implementation of smart monitoring programme across French orchards.
- Set monitoring parameter templates and source service providers to complete work to agreed timelines.
- Crop estimation process management where you will communicate timelines, set up templates and collate crop estimation data in collaboration with Supply Partners.
- Maturity clearances for harvest across French supply base. Liaising with Italian Pre and Post-Harvest Operations team, you will set up processes (including installation of software), contract details, protocols and quality standards required for external service providers following through to effective communication of the same.
- Manage residue collection and sampling process with the French lab service provider.
- Liaise with the Crop Protection and Biosecurity Advisor to ensure residue analysis is available and appropriate market restrictions are applied prior to harvest clearance being issued.
- Coordinate and assist in research trials with Pre and Post-Harvest Operations team.
- Accurate recording of the results concurrent with diligent and timely reporting.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in biological or applied sciences or an understanding of entomology, plant pathology and plant physiology.
- Knowledge of kiwifruit production systems and pre and post-harvest processes and techniques, residue standards and testing procedures and IPM principles.
- Excellent analytical skills where you have a high level of competency with lab equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across all levels of the business whilst consistently upholding the organisation’s values and ethics.
- Intuitive and logical problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, resilient with a ‘can do’ attitude and a high level of flexibility to adapt to change in circumstances.
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken), Italian an advantage.
- Flexibility to work in locations in France, Italy and Europe, and internationally as required.
- Flexibility on work hours particularly during the main season (September to March) including some weekend work.
To learn more about this outstanding opportunity apply today with a CV and Cover letter in WORD format only to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job number 19/1711/PB or call Pavan on (+64) 9 525-5520 for a confidential discussion.
PS: For wider reach we are advertising in NZ. This position is based in Dax, France.