Manufacturing Technician Jobs Vacancy in Thermo Fisher Scientific Christchurch
Thermo Fisher Scientific Christchurch urgently required following position for Manufacturing Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Technician Jobs Vacancy in Thermo Fisher Scientific Christchurch Jobs Details:
We are looking for a Manufacturing Technician required to assist in production at the Protein Separations Unit. In this role you will;
- Take full responsibility for the manufacture of products as delegated by the Production Team Leader and Production Supervisor.
- Actively participate in the writing and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Carry out duties as requested
- Complete all Production tasks as scheduled on a daily and weekly basis.
- Report to the Team Leader / Production Supervisor any production related problems.
- Perform all work using the appropriate SOP, batch sheet, etc.
- Ensure plant hygiene and housekeeping is always maintained.
- Data entry for Routine Production work orders (to be done on a real time basis).
- Update and write Batch Sheets and SOP’s pertaining to new and existing processes.
Technical Transfer / Process Improvements
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Be prepared to be on the call-out list for equipment breakdown.
- Participate in appropriate meetings and discussions as required.
- All other reasonable tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader and/or the Production Supervisor.
- Experience working in a production environment, especially food, milk processing or related to biotechnology.
- Academic qualifications to sixth form certificate, in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, or a tertiary qualification primarily in a biological science is preferred
- Requires a high school diploma. An Associate degree in a scientific or engineering discipline is preferred
- Natural communicator, both written and oral
- Accurate, with proven attention to detail
- Safety minded in work practices
- Technical and mechanical aptitude
- Able to consistently lift around up to 25kg
- Knowledge of general separation techniques
- Experience working in cGMP
- Knowledge of computer applications and current software is desirable. General understanding of machinery and mechanics is advantageous