Fitness Instructor Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Wellington City
Massey University Wellington City urgently required following position for Fitness Instructor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Fitness Instructor Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Wellington City Jobs Details:
Massey University Gym is a small and high performing fitness facility in Wellington. We serve the needs of over 900 members, including Massey University students and staff.
We are looking for someone who will be able to create an experience that makes our clients finish a workout feeling fantastic, and make them want to come back for more. We want someone that can make our clients feel like they not only have a place, but that they belong to our fitness and campus community. The ideal candidate will also have a high level of initiative, integrity and be solution oriented.
This position is ideal for someone new to the fitness industry, or transitioning into fulltime work. Candidates with training and qualifications in fitness and health are preferred, however we will consider any applicant if they have the ability to develop positive and supportive relationship with a wide range of people. Full training is provided for all operational aspects of the role.
As this is a service based role, we require employees to be available to work during any period of the facilities opening hours. The primary shifts this particular role involve either:
- Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm (includes a 30min meal break)
- Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 9:00pm (includes a 30min meal break)
These shifts may vary from time to time, and may also operate on a alternating weekly schedule. Weekend work may also be required.
Personal training opportunities may also be available to the successful candidate, provided they meet the expectations of the fitness instructor position and are a registered REPs personal trainer.
Job description Purpose statement To provide outstanding customer service at reception and on the gym floor through a high level of interaction with members and visitors, adding value to their fitness and exercise experience.
Responsible to Gym Manager, Massey University Gym, Wellington Campus
• Ensure the gym is a friendly and welcoming place to exercise.
• Train and assist members as required.
• Complete and contribute to projects as set by the management team.
• Comply with the Exercise NZ Code of Ethics.
• Continually up-skill fitness and exercise knowledge.
• Provide a high level of customer service and welcome all users to the gym, ensuring to check user memberships.
• Provide a friendly, proactive, efficient and accurate front line service for: membership sales, retail sales, and any other programmes as required by the Gym Manager or the Recreation Manager. This includes telephone and email enquiries.
• Provide prompt resolution of any customer concerns or refer on to the Manager.
• Promote upcoming Fitness, Sport and Recreation events to members and visitors to the facility.
• Comply with gym’s Health, Safety, Emergency and Accident procedures and documenting incidents as necessary.
• Completion of tasks on the daily maintenance checklist and all other administrative tasks as required by the Gym Manager or the Recreation Manager.
• Contribute to a positive team experience within the gym and the wider Sport and Recreation department.
• Comply with the appropriate Massey University Employment Agreement, Health and Safety Procedures, and Policy on Staff Conduct.
All staff are required to contribute to the daily administrative and operational tasks of the facility (training is provided in each area). These tasks may include (but are not limited to):
•Banking: Co-manage the bi-weekly banking remittances to Treasury and Student Central.
•Membership Coordination: In conjunction with the Gym Manager, ensure membership cancellations and holds are completed in a timely manner and to an acceptable and agreed standard, ensuring the both the gym’s revenue and the client experience is not compromised. •Coordination of Retail and Consumable: Monitor retail and consumables stock levels; Order retail and consumables stock as necessary; Maintain a positive and productive relationship with representatives of retail suppliers; Perform a monthly stock take on all retail products. •Coordination of Fitness Equipment Repairs: Upon request or approval form the Gym Manager, organize the repairs and maintenance of Fitness Equipment with agreed suppliers and coordinate payments.
Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm (includes a 30min meal break) Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 9:00pm (includes a 30min meal break) Weekend work may also be required. The roster may alternate on a weekly basis, and may vary with seasonal changes in workload. Management will attempt to create a roster that meets the employees outside of work commitments, however, there is an expectation that the candidate is available to undertake shifts as directed by the Gym Manager.
Person specification Qualifications • Current Comprehensive First Aid Certificate is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and/or Sport Science is useful.
• National Certificate in Fitness Level 3 (Exercise Consultant) is desirable but may be offered through on-job training.
In addition to your core responsibilities as described above, you may be invited to undertake and develop Personal Training clients outside of your rostered shift time if you are a REPs Registered Personal Trainer. Personal training is subject to the current Personal Training policy.
Experience Candidates with experience in fitness and health are preferred.
Personal attributes and behaviours • A high standard of organisational skills and time management.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills, as well as a high level of initiative.
• A high standard of personal integrity, discretion, tact, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Aptitude for identifying opportunities for improving performance.
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office products.
• Excellent face-to-face, email and telephone communication skills.
Additional Pre-employment Checks Credit check
Police/Traffic Offence Check