Registrar Paediatrics Jobs Vacancy in Taranaki District Health Board New Plymouth Hawera
- Registrar Paediatrics
- Taranaki District Health Board New Plymouth Hawera
- 29 Dec, 2017 30+ days ago
Taranaki District Health Board New Plymouth Hawera urgently required following position for Registrar Paediatrics. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Registrar Paediatrics Jobs Vacancy in Taranaki District Health Board New Plymouth Hawera Jobs Details:
Taranaki Base Hospital
To start 19th March 2018 - 9th December 2018
Maternity Leave Cover
- The run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRACP as contributing to advanced Paediatric training.
- Registrars on this run provide paediatric services to the Paediatric ward, Neonatal Unit, ICU, A&E and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the paediatric consultant staff.
- The Registrar is responsible to the Paediatricians for the day to day clinical management of the service's including the admission and clerking of acute admissions, attendance at the consultant ward rounds and routine ward work in conjunction with the house surgeon.
- The Registrar should see each of their patients at least once per routine working day.
- The Registrars should be involved in the supervision and teaching of the House Surgeon/SHO doctors in the department.
- After hours the Registrar is responsible to the on call Consultant for all the patients under the care of the Child and Newborn Service.
- Outpatient Clinics will be conducted as required by the Consultants and attendance at Outpatient follow-up clinics once or twice a week shall be as arranged with consultants.
- The Registrar will attend the regular paediatric X-ray review meeting and the weekly Paediatric Teaching and is expected to present at these sessions from time to time.
- One of the Registrars is usually expected to take responsibility for the development and smooth running of the paediatric junior doctor roster with support and advice from junior and senior doctor colleagues.
- The average weekly hours worked are between 60 - 64.9 per week
- The salary band is Category B
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region's amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (1,800 staff, $325m cost-centre) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
Please apply on line from this page.
For more information about these positions, please contact Casey Wellington, Medical Management Team Leader, on 06 7536139 ext 8704 or via email; Casey.Wellington@tdhb.org.nz
Applications Close on 22 January 2018.