Research Associate Food Microbiology Agresearch Jobs Vacancy in Agresearch Palmerston North
Agresearch Palmerston North urgently required following position for Research Associate Food Microbiology Agresearch. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Associate Food Microbiology Agresearch Jobs Vacancy in Agresearch Palmerston North Jobs Details:
The Role and opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Research Associate to join our Food & Bio Based products team in Palmerston North and provide analytical support the science delivery of food assurance micro projects.
Specifically, this position will assist in programmes related to the isolation and typing of micro-organisms from environment, food animals and foods by traditional & molecular methods, microbial survival and behaviour along food production and distribution chains, and in vitro and in vivo assessment of virulence of food borne pathogens.
We are looking for someone with specific knowledge in the application of classical and molecular level microbiological techniques and experience with PCR (preferably RealTime) methods.
What you will be doing
- Consistently delivering high quality, relevant research
- Preparing and updating good practise lab guidelines, and SOPs.
- Networking and building relationships with the food industry
- Planning and coordinating detailed phases of work for a total project of moderate scope
- Contributing to high quality research outputs and achievement of project milestones within budgets.
- Supporting post docs and supervising and training technicians, students, casuals visiting researchers.
- Publishing research findings in refereed journals and at scientific conferences.
- Writing reports, product manuals and contributing to securing patents
- An undergraduate/post graduate qualification plus considerable, relevant post-graduate scientific experience in food microbiology.
- Good understanding of the NZ food industry
- Uses scientific methodologies for all research, including literature searching; hypothesis-based experimental design and statistical analysis; and follows rigorous development and documentation procedures for research protocols. Has an understanding of intellectual property.
- Experience with handling organisms of risk group 2 or higher.
When your work environment fits your values and your lifestyle, it's a better place to be! AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Gale Brightwell, Science Team Leader on 06 351 8678
Applications close Friday 27 th April 2018