Scientist Environmental Radioactivity Lab Esr Jobs Vacancy in Esr Christchurch
Esr Christchurch urgently required following position for Scientist Environmental Radioactivity Lab Esr. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scientist Environmental Radioactivity Lab Esr Jobs Vacancy in Esr Christchurch Jobs Details:
Scientist/ Full time
About the role
We are seeking a positive and adaptable person with great communication skills to join our Chemistry and Radiation Safety Centre Team. You will be eager to learn and take the initiative to keep yourself informed as needed.
The successful candidate will hold an appropriate relevant tertiary qualification such as a MSc or PhD in physics. The role is predominately based in the Environmental Radioactivity Laboratory area which undertake an array of different analytical techniques for radiochemistry measurements.
Duties and responsibilities
Some of the key duties include:
- Skills in managing client relationships
- Knowledge of and experience of quality systems such as ISO 17025
- Experience in the use, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment such as gamma spectrometry, alpha spectrometry, beta spectrometry and liquid scintillation counting equipment
- Problem-solving skills and interest in method development
- Experience in laboratory analysis
- Knowledge of mathematical methods for calculation of: Critical Levels, Minimum Detectable Activities, decay/ingrowth corrections, propagation of uncertainties
- Proven track record of analytical techniques in radioactivity measurements (desirable)
- Knowledge of basic nuclear physics
- Programming skills will be an advantage
- active work/life policies including family-friendly initiatives, flexible hours and additional leave
- ongoing personal development
- free car parking
Please note the successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment drug-screen and police records check as conditions of employment