Network Engineer Iii Northern Regional Support Services Auckland Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Defence Force Devonport
- Network Engineer Iii Northern Regional Support Services Auckland
- New Zealand Defence Force
- Devonport AUK
- 12 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
New Zealand Defence Force Devonport urgently required following position for Network Engineer Iii Northern Regional Support Services Auckland. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Network Engineer Iii Northern Regional Support Services Auckland Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Defence Force Devonport Jobs Details:
This is a full time permanent (civ) position
- Develop your ITC career as a Network Engineer
- Provide vital networking support across NZDF
- Provide 2 nd level integrated support
We are seeking a person to fill the role of Network Engineer III. This is a busy and challenging role where flexibility and adaptability to meet changing demands quickly are key to the role. You will be part of a dynamic and complex organisation that are relied on for the support provided to NZDF.
So what will you need to bring?
- A good understanding of Network Design principles.
- Proven understanding of switching and routing principles.
- Proven understanding of OSI network layering.
- Proven understanding of security devices/appliances.
- LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Strong problem assessment and diagnostic techniques.
- Competently in network protocols and principles.
You will be joining a positive team who strive to achieve good outcomes and it is important you realise the value of team work and contribute fully.
Key skills we are seeking in the role are Network + and/or CCNA equivalent qualifications matched with 3-5 years of industry network support experience as desirable for any candidates.
This is a full time permanent position based in the Northern Regional Support Services and while the primary location is Devonport the work area will include all areas covered by the northern region from Tauranga, Auckland through to Whangarei.
An on call roster for network support means that you will be on call 24/07 periodically.
For more information please contact Allan Finn on 021 242 9726.
The NZDF offers a range of benefits to its civilian employees which includes five weeks annual leave, generous sick leave provisions, life and income protection insurance (free), no cost on base parking and much more.
To view the Position Description and to Apply Online please use the links on this page.
Applications close at 4:30pm on Sunday 28 January 2018.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years , OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years : either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.