Service Desk Jobs Vacancy in New Plymouth District Council New Plymouth
New Plymouth District Council New Plymouth urgently required following position for Service Desk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Service Desk Jobs Vacancy in New Plymouth District Council New Plymouth Jobs Details:
New Plymouth District Council is a dynamic, forward-looking Council focused on delivering exceptional customer service and outstanding value for money. Investment in the latest information and communication technology is a cornerstone of this ambition.
We require a talented IS Service Desk person who will ensure that we continue to deliver new or improved services to the Council, ratepayers, customers and the general public.
In this full time permament position, the successful applicant will be providing support to all users of desktop software and hardware, escalating issues and monitoring the progress to ensure all service level agreements are met. You will assist with support for telecommunications including mobiles, landlines and data lines. Therefore, experience in this area and exceptional communication skills are key requirements in this role.
The ideal applicant must be a team player with great interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels of the business and will have:
- A tertiary qualification in IS with relevant experience in desktop support in a corporate environment
- Proven customer service skills
- The ability to provide second level IS support for the Council’s desktops, laptops, tablets, printers and smart phones ensuring they meet current SLA levels
- ITIL certification
- Certification and excellent knowledge of MS operating systems and MS Office suite
- A ‘can do – will do’ attitude
- A driver’s license
- Legal entitlement to work in New Zealand
In return, NPDC offers an opportunity to play a key role to the success of a diverse and thriving business, within a values-driven culture.
At NPDC we aim to create and sustain a truly rewarding workplace environment for our staff. You can expect to start in this role with us between $51,968 and $56,434. We have put together an integrated Total Rewards Framework that spans Wellbeing, Development, Benefits, Culture and Recognition. The NPDC Total Rewards Framework provides a diverse range of opportunities and benefits for our staff.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 25 January 2018.
POSITION: Service Desk
JOB LEVEL: Team Member
REPORTS TO: Co-ordinator Service Delivery
GROUP: Business Performance
To deliver agreed levels of IS support to all users for all desktop hardware and software and to provide telecommunications support for mobiles, landlines and datalines.
Integrated -Internal customers, telecommunication suppliers, hardware and software vendors.
External - Other local government organisations, Councillors, citizens and businesses.
- Provide quality customer service and support of Council IS services to customers as required within agreed SLA’s.
- Ensure IS policies are adhered to at all times by users.
- Support and manage mobiles, landlines and datalines to meets levels of service as defined in SLAs.
- Actively look for opportunities of Continuous Improvement
- Actively ensure that legislative requirements and Council policies and procedures are fulfilled, particularly in relation to all key relevant legislation.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Developed annually and form part of performance and team plans.
- Works collaboratively with others to enhance and/or develop team performance.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for own actions and day to day decision making.
- Effective performance and delivery within a political environment.
- Maintains cultural awareness and keeps up to date with issues affecting the community.
- Sets high standards of performance for self.
- Sets high standards of performance for self.
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field with two years experience.
- ITIL qualification.
- Microsoft Certification in current Windows Operating system
- Knowledge of computing systems, software, LAN, WAN (data and voice)
Community………. At the centre of everything we do
Kotahitanga……… A sense and an action of unity
Creativity………… We create positive experiences