Design Technologist Jobs Vacancy in Farrow Jamieson
Farrow Jamieson urgently required following position for Design Technologist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Design Technologist Jobs Vacancy in Farrow Jamieson Jobs Details:
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modelling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning and control products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GPS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance.
A successful candidate will assist the CTCT UX team with developing, prototyping, and validating in-cab and office-based systems.
- Contribute to UX strategy and provide recommendations for designing for the future based on UI trends and technology advances
- Participate in concept feasibility research, development and testing
- Participate in innovation efforts and sprints
- Develop UI prototypes with the UX team ranging between low and high fidelity
- Assist the UX team understand overcome technical UI limitations by serving as a liaison between the UX team and development teams
- Assist the UX team understand what is possible given documented constraints and technological limitations
- Assist the UX team solve design problems via writing (reusable) code
- Assist software developers code for extensibility and reusability
- Work directly with developers and engineers to ensure UX specifications are coded to spec
- Identify inefficient UX asset delivery processes and create new processes or tools to make improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in software development, human computer interaction, or related discipline
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a professional information architect, UI front end developer, UI engineer, or related profession
- Web design/development best practices (desktop, mobile, handheld)
- Solid understanding of complex layouts, designs, graphics, responsive layouts, typography, animation, etc
- highly attuned to the language of design and understand what makes a great user experience
- Ability to guide complex information systems from initial concept to production and post-launch evaluation.
- Understanding of user-centred design principles, and iterative agile s/w development. Experience working embedded in a UX team is a plus.
- Drive and passion for innovation.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively, with limited direction, and manage projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment across multiple time zones.
- Ability to travel approximately 2-4 weeks out of the year, sometimes internationally
This position comes with a competitive salary package and includes the sorts of excellent benefits you’d expect from an employer of choice.
Apply now including a cover letter with a link to your portfolio, or to discuss in complete confidence call Andy Poulsen on 03 963 9153. Note that you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.