Rehabilitation Coach Jobs Vacancy in Laura Fergusson Trust Auckland City
Laura Fergusson Trust Auckland City urgently required following position for Rehabilitation Coach. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Rehabilitation Coach Jobs Vacancy in Laura Fergusson Trust Auckland City Jobs Details:
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a difference in peoples lives.
We have a good team and good opportunities for the right person.
You will be working closely with our clients, providing personal cares, activities of daily living – toilet, shower and dressing, and general care and support to ensure their wellbeing. You will be working with clients on their rehabilitation plans, administer medication (when trained), and be the support liaison between the client and clinical team. Documentation is also a major part of this role, and you will be developing care plans, completing notes within our database and other charts and file notes as required (full training will be provided). Swimming ability is preferred, as we would ask you to support clients in our hydrotherapy pool.
For almost 50 years Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation has provided services to people who have had a stroke, neurological diseases, traumatic brain injury, amputation or orthopaedic injuries. We have an excellent reputation in rehabilitation, with a progressive approach to the future.
So if you want to use your skills and qualifications to be part of something meaningful, work with a committed and respected team, and contribute to improving the lives of others, then come and join us.
What we’d like from you:
- Preferably 2+ years experience with the Health and Disability Sector, working with clients who have sustained traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and or other neurological conditions
- Able to demonstrate coaching skills including those being applied to diffuse challenging behaviours
- Able to use initiative, assess, problem solve and find appropriate solutions in a sometimes pressure situation
- Highly organized and able to prioritise tasks
- Good level of computer skills and written skills to complete the documentation regime
- Good written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to cope with change
- Team player with a sense of humour.
- Able to cover all shift work patterns 24/7 and must be reliable.
- New Zealand Drivers Licence and ability to drive both manual and automatic cars confidently around the city
- Eligibility to work legally in New Zealand and you must currently be based in the country
What we’d like to give you:
- A competitive hourly rate – which is part of the new Pay Equity Settlement
- Significant paid for training both ITO and internal
- Well resourced gym and lovely facility including a hydro therapy pool
- Opportunity to make a difference in our client’s lives and your community
- City Fringe location means free parking (on street) and great public transport options nearby
- We are a smokefree site and we offer to assist with smoking cessation support if needed