Disability Support Workers Palmerston North Jobs Vacancy in Healthcare New Zealand
Healthcare New Zealand urgently required following position for Disability Support Workers Palmerston North. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Disability Support Workers Palmerston North Jobs Vacancy in Healthcare New Zealand Jobs Details:
Who are we?
NZCare Disability is a National provider of a range of support services to people with intellectual and physical disabilities. Our aim is to maximise their independence and quality of life. Services include residential support, respite care and vocational services.
This vacancy is for either residential or respite care services, and we can offer full-time, part-time or casual hours over a 24-hour period.
What does a Disability Support Worker do?
Support Workers support people with an intellectual or physical disability on a 24/7 weekly roster with the following:
- helping people develop and sustain their interests and relationships
- helping people with and/or completing domestic activities
- driving people to appointments in our Disability vans
- medication dispensing (full training provided)
- helping people with their personal cares, like washing and dressing
- writing daily reports by hand and on a computer
- Experience supporting a person with high and complex needs (preferable but not essential as training is provided).
- A warm and friendly personality, a reasonable level of physical fitness, and the desire to support others
- Ability to confidently and safely carry passengers in our disability vans (training also provided)
- A level of resilience as there will be times when you will need to respond to some challenging behaviours.
This position works with children and young adults and so consent to a police vetting process under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014 is essential, along with the right to work in NZ.
The starting rate of pay for this position is from $19 per hour depending on relevant qualifications.
NZCare Disability is committed to ensuring the good health and wellbeing of its staff and the people they support by operating a smoke-free environment.
Mēnā he tangata ngākaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i ngā momo tāngata, tēnā pea, kei konei he tūranga mōu.Tukua mai tō tono ki NZCare.
Please apply online via our website, including a CV and covering letter. Visit: - http://www.healthcarenz.co.nz/careers/vacancies/nzcpn371
Closing Date for applications is 10 February 2018