Help Desk Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North
Massey University Palmerston North urgently required following position for Help Desk Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Help Desk Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North Jobs Details:
Are you a people person who is customer focused and enjoys a busy team environment? The Manawatu Campus Help Desk needs a motivated team player to join the busy team of customer focused administrators.
This key position provides administrative support to the Operations and Security group and Help Desk duties to the Manawatu Campus. An essential part of the role will be dealing with inquiries and service requests from both the internal and external clients, including staff, students and visitors to the campus.
If you have demonstrated proficiency in the use of common administration software and university bespoke software and/ or an interest in acquiring new skills and have personal assistant and secretarial skills - apply now!
Job description Purpose statement To provide administration duties for the Operations and Security Group and the provision of Help Desk duties for the campus. Duties will be allocated by the Administration Team Leader.
Responsible to Administration Team Leader
1.1 Open and distribute mail (excluding private and confidential).
1.2 Establish and maintain electronic and manual filing systems as required.
1.3 Oversee the management of photocopier and office equipment maintenance when required.
1.4 Maintain and update Help Desk Procedures Manual as required.
2.1 Undertake the word processing of general correspondence - memorandums, letters, and documents to standard formats and ensuring a high standard of accuracy and presentation.
2.2 Provide secretarial support to scheduled meetings: agendas minutes, annual programme of meetings, maintain files, distribute meeting documentation, actions where required.
2.3 Assist with the preparation and submission of written material.
3.2 Answer the reception telephones, emails and faxes and calls enquiries in an appropriate and timely manner.
3.3 Maintain radio contact with Operations and Security staff and Trades staff on campus and relay information or instructions as required.
3.4 Provide information and publications to visitors and telephone/email enquiries on request.
3.5 Accept over the counter payments (such as cash, cheque, eftpos).
3.6 Ensure the reception area presents a professional image as does the meeting room and common room.
4.2 Administer lost and found property as per the standard procedures.
4.3 Contribute to the management of the access, parking and parking infringement databases.
4.4 As required scheduled afterhours building/room use.
4.5 Ensure policy and procedure is followed when allocating access cards.
4.6 Process and allocate service requests in an accurate and timely manner.
4.7 Assist in the delivery of team-specific tasks.
5.2 Place purchase orders and Service requests as and when required.
5.3 Invoice processing, as required, through Maximo and Technology 1.
5.4 Administer cash handling in line with University policy.
5.5 Maintain financial records as per University policy for audit purposes.
Administration Team Leader and Finance Officer.
Person specification Qualifications A qualification in an appropriate field relating to administration is desirable but not essential.
Experience • Demonstrable customer service experience is essential.
• Experience of administrative procedures in an office environment is essential.
• Experience within the University sector is desirable.
• Experience in a Contact Center, Help Desk environment or equivalent is desirable.
• Experience in secretarial and personal assistant roles is desirable.
Personal attributes and behaviours Skills
• Proficient in the use of common administration software and university bespoke software and/ or an interest in acquiring new skills.
• Ability to deal with the public in a reception environment.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Confident use of the Microsoft packages, particularly Word & Excel to an intermediate standard.
• Awareness and ability with using alternative databases, or a desire to learn.
• An ability to produce high quality work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• The ability to multi task.
• The ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
• Some familiarity with building terminology and trades activities would be advantageous.
• High level personal assistant and secretarial skills.
• High personal and professional standards.
• The ability to work well with others, including staff, students, contractors and the public.
• The ability to work well with others in a busy team environment.
• A commitment to following the University’s Policies, Procedures, and Regulations.
• Ability to work with concern for order, timeliness, quality, and accuracy.
• Effective organisational skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to build positive relationships with customers.
• Clear and positive thinker.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Additional Pre-employment Checks Requirement to pass a Credit History Check performed by Veda Advantage Personal Information Services.
Requirement to pass a Ministry of Justice Criminal Check.