Product Development Engineer Refrigeration Systems Jobs Vacancy in Fisher Paykel Appliances Auckland City
- Product Development Engineer Refrigeration Systems
- Fisher Paykel Appliances
- Auckland City AUK
- 20 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Fisher Paykel Appliances Auckland City urgently required following position for Product Development Engineer Refrigeration Systems. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Product Development Engineer Refrigeration Systems Jobs Vacancy in Fisher Paykel Appliances Auckland City Jobs Details:
From the grandest of ideas to the smallest of details, every day we're turning our passion into performance and improving life through good design.
Here at Fisher & Paykel we're passionate about our customers and we care about the details. It's this passion that inspires us towards reaching our goal - to become the most human-centred appliance brand in the world.
At the heart of achieving this goal lies our exceptional Product Development team. Currently, we are going through an exciting period in our Company's long history, seeing us bring a high number of new products to the market.
About the role
The focus of this role is the design, development and performance testing of Refrigeration System components, assemblies and subsystems for domestic refrigeration appliances in global markets. Applying our Learning First Product Development (LFPD) process to the entirety of your work you will:
- Collaborate with Team Leaders, Chief Engineers, and other subject-matter experts to define key Customer Interests to drive your work
- Use Microsoft Project to share your work plans to deliver:
- Data that will inform key project decisions
- Part, assembly and subsystem designs fully validated and ready for tooling
- Implementation Plans through to Production for all the parts and assemblies that you manage
- Capture in our systems the knowledge you gain through your work, so that it can be easily accessed and re-used
- Utilise cutting-edge CAD, Analysis, Prototyping and Testing tools, facilities and methodologies that ensure your design solutions are fit-for-purpose, robust and proven
- Travelling to our World-class manufacturing facilities in Thailand and China to work with local Design and Manufacturing teams at various stages of the project
Your previous experience has honed your skill in Refrigeration System component design and/or the development and performance testing of domestic Refrigeration Systems. You are a practical, hands-on problem solver who knows the importance of interpreting complex test data to support timely decisions.
When presented with a challenge, you enjoy being able to collect your own facts and you are comfortable setting up, monitoring and documenting refrigeration system performance and energy tests in a wide variety of environmental test conditions. You are experienced in responding to system design challenges by modifying system parameters, specifying and selecting components, modifying the design of existing components as well as designing new parts. You will also have experience in the following:
- A deep understanding of thermodynamic systems and refrigeration cycles
- Optimising refrigeration systems and components for cost and reliability
- Statistics (R , Minitab)
- Six-sigma methods (Design of Experiments, process capability, etc.)
- Data acquisition and digital signal processing
- LabVIEW or other sensor systems
- Algorithm design/flowcharts
- Excel (advanced)
- CAD model creation and drawing specification
- Documenting test methods and design standards
- A degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics/Engineering Science with 10+ years' experience in a Product Development or Product Design environment. A background in complex appliance, automotive or aeronautical industries is desired.
Team based culture, great development opportunities, challenging and supportive work environment, leading technology, great physical work environment, competitive remuneration, superannuation scheme, on-site subsidised cafeteria, and more.
If you would like to be part of our team developing the world's next generation of appliances and technology, please apply online.