Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Methanex Corporation New Plymouth
Methanex Corporation New Plymouth urgently required following position for Senior Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Methanex Corporation New Plymouth Jobs Details:
Manage and be responsible for assigned Mechanical / Piping work, using Mechanical engineering expertise and appropriate resources to ensure that work is completed safely, in a cost effective manner, within budget and schedule and to the standards required.
- Manages assigned Mechanical / Piping work such that the safety, quality, cost and schedule targets are achieve.
- Manages the assigned Mechanical / Piping work list to meet customer requirement.
- Ensures that all assigned Mechanical / Piping functions are integrated effectively across all relevant work groups.
- Develops scopes of work for Mechanical / Piping engineering covering detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages.
- Obtains producer statements, design verification and statutory approval where required.
- Provides expertise and specialist Mechanical / Piping engineering knowledge.
- Provides support to the Maintenance Department on general mechanical engineering problems.
- Manages external Consulting Engineering Services where required.
- Manages the Design Approval process on assigned work.
- Ensures the detailed design, purchase specifications and construction packages for compliance with statutory requirements, appropriate standards and Methanex procedures are completed and ready for final review.
- Ensures that appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted and that all issues identified are actioned.
- Ensures appropriate reliability reviews are undertaken on assigned designs.
- Co-ordinates the development of procedures and provision of resources for the commissioning of relevant work together with Operations.
- Manages the assigned tender and award contracts in conjunction with Purchasing for detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages and construction.
- Manages the construction and commissioning phases of assigned projects by ensuring good supervision, planning, co-ordination, KPI’s, safety planning, QA.
- Provides feedback at the end of each contract on contractor performance to the appropriate sponsor.
- Helps to ensure that the systems to maintain and store Mechanical / Piping drawings by the Drawing Office is in compliance with the Methanex New Zealand procedures and standards.
- Helps to ensure that the systems to develop and maintain the distribution of all Mechanical / Piping drawings by the Drawing Office is in compliance with the Methanex New Zealand procedures and standards.
- Helps to develop and maintain systems and procedures for the control, distribution and storage of all engineering documentation (other than drawings) associated with Methanex facilities including Vendor Manuals, Data Books etc.
- Helps to develop and maintain systems, procedures for the control, review, distribution and storage of appropriate engineering standards/guidelines such that all Mechanical / Piping engineering work is done in accordance with Methanex Loss Prevention Standards and in compliance with New Zealand legislation.
- Helps to develop and maintain effective systems and procedures for tracking and reviewing the impact of all changes to legislation and new legislation such that Methanex New Zealand remains in compliance at all times.
- BE, BSc or Tertiary Mechanical Engineering Qualification
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management encompassing all aspects from conceptual development, design and through execution, construction and close out.
- In depth knowledge of Mechanical Engineering standards and procedures and industry best practice including NZ statutory regulations relating to pressure retaining equipment.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Mechanical engineering and design in an operating petrochemical plant, pressure and rotating equipment and piping design environment.
- Computer literacy including engineering design packages.
- Experience using Codes and Standards.
- Contract management experience.
- Cost estimating / management knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Apply NowTo apply for this position, click "Apply Now"
Applications close 4pm 28 January 2018 NZT