Consents Officers Jobs Vacancy in Bay Plenty Regional Council Tauranga
Bay Plenty Regional Council Tauranga urgently required following position for Consents Officers. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Consents Officers Jobs Vacancy in Bay Plenty Regional Council Tauranga Jobs Details:
- Challenge and Variety
- Excellent team – professional, fun loving and always striving to be the best
- Take your career to the next level
- Combine your technical know-how on the environment with maximum people contact
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council is responsible for the sustainable management of the region's natural resources. We look after important functions relating to environmental protection and enhancement, safety and resilience, regional development - including coordination of the regional land transport plan, and delivery of public transport. We have a reputation for looking after our people.
We are looking to fill two permanent Consents Officers positions.
You’ll work with a team dedicated to delivering outstanding service to customers both inside and outside the Bay of Plenty Regional Council. The primary function of this role is to process resource consents for a wide range of activities. You’ll have ongoing contact and liaison with a variety of stakeholders –including applicants, tangata whenua, submitters, industry groups, and other interested parties. There’s a focus on implementing the rules and policies of regional plans which promote the sustainable management of natural and physical resources and ensuring a fair process for decision-making on regional natural resource use is followed.
In addition to processing resource consent applications, and providing technical advice on resource management best practice, there’s plenty of opportunity to become involved in a wide range of challenging and cutting-edge resource management issues as you grow your career.
The skills and personal attributes we look for:
- Well-developed knowledge of the Resource Management Act
- Well-developed negotiation skills with the ability to resolve potential conflict situations
- Excellent problem solving ability
- A high level of written ability combined with top notch verbal communication skills
- Community, cultural and political awareness
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in either resource consent processing or an environment that requires a high level of accuracy in being able to process documentation within statutory timeframes
If you’re self-motivated and organised, you’re itching to contribute to team success, and you’re passionate about the natural and physical environment, then you will definitely want to consider what’s on offer in these roles!
Both roles are ideally located in Tauranga, however candidates from Whakatane or Rotorua are welcome to apply and will be considered.
Whilst we’re ideally seeking to hire experienced Consents Officers, we may consider applications from less experienced people, or from graduates who are seeking opportunities to progress, and who would come in at a lower grade.
Phone Dylan Makgill or Daniel Smith on 0800 884 880, for all other queries.
The recruitment salary midpoint for this position will be approximately $77,900 and will be determined based on the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Salary progression will be based on successful delivery of performance indicators.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 22 June 2018 and will be accepted online only.
With offices based in Mount Maunganui, Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatane, Bay of Plenty Regional Council offers the work/life balance dreams are made of. Highlights include:
- NZ's favourite beach is a maximum of 1.5 hours from our offices.
- A region that covers some of NZ's most beautiful countryside.
- Recreational lakes within an hours travel from each of our offices.