Crown Spectrum Asset Manager Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Wellington City
New Zealand Government Wellington City urgently required following position for Crown Spectrum Asset Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Crown Spectrum Asset Manager Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Wellington City Jobs Details:
- Design, implement and oversee the processes for the sales of Crown radio spectrum assets
- Plan and oversee changes to radio spectrum assets that are retained by the Crown
- Work in a rapidly developing field that is critical to New Zealand's economic development
- Based in Wellington, CBD
The Radio Spectrum Management (RSM) Policy and Planning team maintains the regulatory responsibilities of the RSM Group in accordance with the requirements of the Radiocommunications Act 1989 and Radiocommunications Regulations 2001, and based upon operational decisions, policies and practices.
The team provides advice on the regulatory regime for radio spectrum to ensure New Zealand gets the greatest benefits from the allocation of spectrum and the use of wireless technologies. We plan for allocations of spectrum to ensure that your garage door opener doesn't interfere with your Wi-Fi, defence, police and maritime. We also write the detailed rules that allow engineers to implement new services without causing interference to others. From time to time we run auctions to allocate rights to use spectrum.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Crown Spectrum Asset Manager to backfill a secondment. This role contributes by facilitating the sales of radio spectrum property rights to private owners, and ensuring that rights retained by the Crown are well utilised in accordance with Government objectives. The value of the spectrum sales can range from thousands to hundreds of millions dollars.
You will be responsible for designing and running spectrum sale processes, checking compliance with the conditions of sale, planning and coordinating changes to spectrum retained by the Crown, and developing plans to improve the future administration and use of these retained assets. The role is required to work closely with other specialist staff across the Ministry and with firms in the telecommunications and broadcasting industries.
Why work for us?
- We promote a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues, to think outside the box and contribute to continuous improvement.
- We offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
- We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on the job learning, working with a knowledgeable ‘buddy' and training courses.
- Our collaborative and supportive team encourages a positive, customer focussed, innovative and best in class attitude.
Candidates are not expected to have a prior knowledge of radio spectrum concepts, but they will be expected to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and show a keen interest in making a difference. Furthermore, you will need to bring;
- An understanding of relevant technical and analytical frameworks, including commercial contractual arrangements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and document robust solutions that meet the identified needs.
- Proven experience to think strategically while also having excellent organising skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated well developed communication and relationship skills.
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact Peter van de Merwe at Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz.
To apply please click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website.
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday 28 January 2018.