Resettlement Case Officer Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Auckland City
New Zealand Government Auckland City urgently required following position for Resettlement Case Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Resettlement Case Officer Jobs Vacancy in New Zealand Government Auckland City Jobs Details:
- Looking to join a fabulous team focused on helping families build a new life in New Zealand?
- Enjoy working in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment?
- Do you have the skills to work in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced role?
Based in Mangere, at the Refugee Resettlement Centre, the Refugee Quota Branch is responsible for the selection and resettlement of the refugees under the Refugee Quota Policy.
The objective of the Refugee Quota Policy is to provide a safe haven and resettle refugees who have been referred by the United National High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), in line with New Zealand's national, international and humanitarian obligations and commitments.
The Refugee Quota Branch also manages the reception centre and delivery of the reception programme at the Mangere Refugee Resettlement Centre.
We have an exciting opportunity at the Refugee Quota Branch to help shape refugee lives.
Are you dynamic, flexible, have excellent relationship management skills and are able to multi-task? We are looking for a Resettlement Case Officer to join our team.
The Resettlement Case Officer will have a proven ability to arrive at viable solutions through a variety of approaches: critical thought, methodical review of implications, intuition and rational conclusions. The Resettlement Case Officer will be able to work alongside refugees to support their transition to resettlement in the community.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in Community Development, Social Work, International Development or other Client Support roles
- Have previous experience in delivering services in a complex environment requiring effective client case management and excellent writing skills
- Have strong organisational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise, manage high and sometimes changing workloads and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to establish credibility and build strong working relationships
- Have strong verbal communication skills
- Have experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Have an understanding of refugee resettlement needs
- Experience in supporting clients with complex needs
- Demonstrate strong professional boundaries with clients and have an understanding of how to engage in reflective work practice
- Willingness to engage with ongoing professional development
- Must be a NZ citizen or permanent resident
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Margaret Goldfinch at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/ 1314707 if you have any further questions.
Applications close 26th January 2018