Trainee Assistant Gas Distribution Fitter Jobs Vacancy in Electrix Auckland City
Electrix Auckland City urgently required following position for Trainee Assistant Gas Distribution Fitter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Trainee Assistant Gas Distribution Fitter Jobs Vacancy in Electrix Auckland City Jobs Details:
Electrix Ltd is a high profile, long term leader in the Australasian electrical and gas contracting markets. We provide a wide range of services to the power, electricity, gas and industrial and commercial contracting sectors. Electrix Ltd is also one of NZ's foremost electrical construction and maintenance companies.
Are you mechanically minded, do you like a challenge, are keen to learn and would like a job where you will learn valuable skills and achieve relevant national qualifications?
An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee/Assistant Gas Distribution Fitter in our Gas Connections Business Unit based in Albany. This is an exciting career prospect, with considerable industry and job specific training. You will learn valuable skills in a program to achieve national gas industry qualifications.
- Assisting with installing new gas connections in the wider Auckland region.
- Compiling and completing accurate documentation.
- Assisting the Gas Distribution fitter with construction and expansion of the gas distribution network.
- Providing quality customer service to customers and the public.
- Ensuring that work is carried out to required standards and plans, stopping work if unsafe or not to standard, reporting QSE issues that arise and managing risks in the workplace.
- Assisting with the determination of requirements for installation of gas pipelines and metering, e.g. type, size, position.
- Represents the company on customer sites so that the image of the company is maintained and promoted.
- Type of work and work locations will vary dependent on client requirements, requiring flexibility in work practices and working conditions.
Key Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Be physically fit and capable of manual labour.
- Good work ethic.
- Keen to learn and problem solve.
- Customer service minded with good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with ability to learn
Electrix will offer an attractive remuneration package to the right candidate that includes fully funded medical insurance and generous contributions to KiwiSaver.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand. In accordance with the Company's Drug & Alcohol Policy, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical.
We prefer online applications. Once you click Apply you will be routed to our career website where you will be required to complete an on-line application. This may take a few minutes.
Applications close Sunday 17th June 2018.