Application Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Trimble Inc Christchurch
Trimble Inc Christchurch urgently required following position for Application Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Application Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Trimble Inc Christchurch Jobs Details:
Trimble is recruiting for an Applications Specialist to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, New Zealand.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning, control and automation products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GNSS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance. For more information on currently developed products, see http://construction.trimble.com/earthworks
Working in a team, you will be involved in the specification, design, documentation, and execution of field testing of the machine control software and hardware. You will work closely with software and system engineers to ensure Trimble continues to provide high-quality products to the earth moving industry.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem-solving and time management skills
- Having a flexible approach to working in a changing environment
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- Data processing computer skills (knowledge of scripting languages is an advantage)
- Analytical approach and attention to detail
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, operating systems
- Physical ability to work on and around construction equipment to perform system validation in a user environment
- Travel (including international) is less than 10%
- A relevant qualification or equivalent experience in Land Surveying, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
Other Advantageous Requirements:
- Survey background and/or relevant construction or mining experience
- A good awareness and understanding of the software development process
- Experience with machine control products
Note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.