Environmental Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Enginurity Newmarket
Enginurity Newmarket urgently required following position for Environmental Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Environmental Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Enginurity Newmarket Jobs Details:
- Position based in Newmarket, Auckland but entails field work in the wider Auckland region
- NZ employee-owned Professional Environmental & Engineering Consultancy
- Established over 30 years with 110+ staff and growing, operating across NZ
- Offices in Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington and Christchurch
- A great team and company culture – professional, supportive, social
Enginurity are pleased to announce that Pattle Delamore & Partners (PDP) have engaged Enginurity to act as their as retained recruitment partner on an exclusive basis to help them recruit a number of key positions in their growing team.
Pattle Delamore Partners Limited (PDP) is an engineering and environmental consultancy, offering solutions for environmental issues through our specialised range of services.
We have experts in areas that include contaminated land and hazardous waste, geology, geotechnics, stormwater management, hydrology, river engineering, aquatic ecology, groundwater, coastal, water supply, wastewater, solid waste, air quality, geospatial services, civil engineering, consents and environmental management.
This role is for an environmental scientist working within the Environmental Management and Surface Water group. The role involves professional field work in a wide range of environmental monitoring, and research and investigation projects in the areas of hydrology, water quality and quantity, and environmental management.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role includes the following duties:
- Undertaking field investigations and monitoring of water quality, flow.
- Data analysis and assessment.
- Technical reporting.
- Preparation of environmental management plans, monitoring plans and consent applications.
- Applying company policies in health and safety, quality, administration and technical procedures.
- Liaising with clients and meeting their expectations.
- Liaising with regulators and other stakeholders.
- Working with senior Scientists and Engineers on all of the above.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have a broad-based scientific background with good field experience, writing and data analytical skills and a masters or post-graduate qualification in an environmental science or water related field.
You will need to demonstrate 2-3 years post graduate experience, preferably in a local/regional authority monitoring team environment or similar. Experience with the installation and management of monitoring instrumentation is required.
Good working knowledge of the National Environmental Standards is highly desirable.
You will also be able to demonstrate training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Environmental or water related science.
- Water quality / quantity assessment, including fieldwork.
- Report writing.
- Data analysis.
- HYDSTRA data management.
- Installation and management of environmental monitoring instrumentation.
For this role, you will need to be physically fit and able to work for short periods in remote locations.
Candidates will need to hold the right to work in New Zealand for this position.
- A chance to work within a multidisciplinary team of specialist scientists and environmental engineers on a variety of projects.
- The support and responsibility to continue to develop your skills and experience.
- A strong work/life balance culture and an active social club.
- Competitive remuneration.
- The potential to become a shareholder with our NZ, employee owned company.
Job Type: Permanent
- water quality / quantity assessment, including fieldwork: 2 years
- installation and management of monitoring instrumentation: 2 years
- Newmarket, Auckland