Technology Digital Services Solution Team Manager Agresearch Jobs Vacancy in Agresearch Christchurch
- Technology Digital Services Solution Team Manager Agresearch
- Christchurch CAN
- 25 May, 2018 25 days ago
Agresearch Christchurch urgently required following position for Technology Digital Services Solution Team Manager Agresearch. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technology Digital Services Solution Team Manager Agresearch Jobs Vacancy in Agresearch Christchurch Jobs Details:
The Role and opportunity
We are looking for a driven Technology & Digital Services Solution Team Manager to lead AgResearch's solution development projects, and assist with developing a strategy relating to information and integration architecture, and management.
Reporting to the CIO and based at our Christchurch campus the successful candidate will have team leadership and manage 6 staff members.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relevant, premium-quality scientific and technological capabilities; and ensuring people and capital resources are managed and allocated effectively to ensure the T&DS objectives are met.
What you will be doing
- Manage and promote the solution identification, the solution development and 'development services' service within T&DS to ensure that it delivers professional, quality results of a high standards
- Provide second line technical support of in-house developed software applications and externally provided corporate systems.
- Ensure all solutions follow relevant Security Standards, and policies.
- Undertake reviews of solutions and software applications including their supporting framework to identify security risks, and contribute to further development of software development security policies and procedures
- Demonstrate use of best-practice approaches ensuring that solution recommendations meet requirements and align with relevant future industry trends, AoG and AgResearch IT strategy.
- Deliver documented application software solutions for effective design, configuration, development, testing, support and integration of AgResearch applications
- Liaise with vendors to review proposed vendor solution architectures and capability.
- Work with Projects Managers, Business Analysts, Business Users and other stakeholders to identify architecture requirements and ensure appropriate solutions are considered.
- Work with product experts and architects to ensure alignment of presentation logic, business logic, rules, workflow, security and integration design with the core capability of bespoke and COTS products, platforms, services and systems, hosted internally and externally.
- Define the architecture and design of appropriately flexible and reliable integration services that support future re-use and consumption by diverse applications, platforms and services
- Deliver interface requirement specifications to the integration developers
- Draft service contracts aligned to established service patterns and the integration canonical data models
- Lead strategic workshops to assess/review options for improving Systems Integration
- Actively build and maintain positive and productive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Seek and provide feedback on the quality of service provided and address issues raised, achieving continual improvement in level and quality of service provided
- Ensure solution architecture related aspects of customer expectations are met
- Facilitate strong communication channels between the team and key IT and business contacts
Your ideal background
- Relevant post-graduate qualification ideally Knowledge/Information Management or Information Technology.
- Microsoft Certification is preferred but not essential.
- At least 10 years technical expertise including programming, design and systems development methodology.
- 7 plus years of experience as a Solutions Architect in delivering enterprise level solutions, preferably ERP, HRIS and FMIS solutions
- Expert knowledge within the Microsoft development suites including .NET.
- Experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of information management solutions.
- Knowledge of web, content management tools and Sharepoint development.
- Working knowledge of GIS applications based upon spatially referenced data and digital mapping.
- Broad knowledge of farming systems and practices
- Experience in architecture methodologies and frameworks
- Experience in developing integration architecture and API design
- Sound understanding and knowledge in designing application security
When your work environment fits your values and your lifestyle, it's a better place to be! AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Tony McNally on 027 227 5059
Applications close: Friday 8th June 2018