Associate Professor Accountancy Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North
Massey University Palmerston North urgently required following position for Associate Professor Accountancy. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Professor Accountancy Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North Jobs Details:
Massey University has an unprecedented combination of academic excellence and entrepreneurial energy. Our University is a single, unified institution comprising three differentiated campuses and distance delivery that positively impacting on the creative, economic, social, scientific, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves.
Massey Business School (MBS) is benchmarked by the AACSB as among the top five per cent of business schools globally. The School of Accountancy, housed within MBS is one of the largest business units, providing quality accounting and business law education and research. We are looking to appoint a Professor of Accountancy, to provide leadership in research and teaching and help grow the Accountancy programme within a school that is already ranked among the ‘Top 100’ by QS World University Rankings, in terms of Accountancy and Finance. While a full Professorial appointment is preferred, consideration will be given to applications at the Associate Professor level.
The School offers strong support for research initiatives and a salary level that allows for a very comfortable lifestyle in New Zealand. This position is based in Massey University’s Manawatū campus in Palmerston North, which is the University’s original home base. This campus is renowned for its beautiful park-like setting of trees and attractive gardens. More about the Manawatū campus can be found on: http://www.massey.ac.nz/manawatu/
To be successful in appointment to this role, you will have a relevant PhD and significant evidence of University service. You will also demonstrate strong achievements in research, teaching, engagement and demonstrated leadership qualities. In this leadership appointment, you will contribute to the teaching programmes and the administration of the school, and will also represent the school on College and University committees.
Further enquiries about the role should be directed to Professor Fawzi Laswad, Head of School of Accountancy via email: email@example.com.
Job description Purpose statement To enhance the learning and qualification outcomes of Massey's students and the scholarly outputs of the University by undertaking an effective programme of teaching, in the area of accountancy; undertaking research including research supervision of students; mentoring and motivating other staff, particularly junior staff in teaching and research activities; engaging in the pursuit of external funding; engaging with industry to create research, teaching and consultancy opportunities; providing administrative and professional services to the University and broader academic or professional communities.
Responsible to Head of School
Key accountabilities Leadership
• Assist in the career development of junior staff.
• Foster high performing research teams.
• Build and maintain substantial external academic and professional networks.
• Lead curriculum development to ensure high quality and relevant learning outcomes.
• Undertake undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
• Develop and teach major curriculum components of courses.
• Coordinate and administer the teaching of subjects.
• Supervise the research activities of graduate and undergraduate students and assist in the supervision of students/research projects at a postgraduate level.
• Undertake continuing personal professional development.
• Undertake an active, appropriate and viable personal research programme or participate in team-based research.
• Publish papers or other scholarly works in academic journals and review papers. A significant component of the publications should be in accountancy.
• Present research and act as a discussant at academic conferences.
• Generate external research funding.
Service to the Community
• Participate in community service activities that further advance the profession and which are consistent with the University’s Charter and Strategic Plan.
• Assist the School to develop an environment which gives effect to the obligations of the Treaty of Waitangi.
• Serve on University and/or School committees.
• Ensure the observance of University policy and codes of practice in all teaching, research, community service and administrative practices.
• Contribute to the development of a School working environment of teamwork and cooperation.
Any other duties as required by the Head of School.
Person specification Qualifications A relevant PhD
Experience Essential experience includes:
- A track record of highly-cited research published in well-regarded journals.
- Successful tertiary teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Successful supervision of postgraduate research theses.
- Successful engagement with industry/profession to create teaching, research and consultancy opportunities
Desirable experience includes:
- Successful experience working in the professional practice
- Winning research grants, contracts or fellowships.
- Undertaking external examination or editorial review work.
- Successful tertiary teaching by distance.
- Membership of editorial boards of scholarly journals.
Personal attributes and behaviours An international scholarly reputation
Demonstrated abilities in academic leadership.
Commitment to fostering the success of junior staff.
Skills in tertiary teaching and research.
Skill in engaging relevant businesses in promoting university interests.
Willingness to assist with administrative functions of the University.
Willingness to pursue external research income.
A commitment to collegial interactions within the University.