Medical Laboratory Scientist Fixed Contract Jobs Vacancy in Pacific Paramedical Training Centre Wellington City
Pacific Paramedical Training Centre Wellington City urgently required following position for Medical Laboratory Scientist Fixed Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Medical Laboratory Scientist Fixed Contract Jobs Vacancy in Pacific Paramedical Training Centre Wellington City Jobs Details:
The Pacific Paramedical Training Centre [PPTC] located on Wellington Hospital Campus, New Zealand, is a Collaborating Centre of the World Health Organization, Western Pacific Region, and provides teaching and training in the appropriate Medical Laboratory Sciences, External Quality Assurance programmes and development assistance for Clinical Laboratories and Blood Transfusion services of developing countries with particular emphasis on those of the Pacific Island and South East Asian Regions.
The PPTC wishes to appoint a full time NZ Qualified Medical Laboratory Scientist to join the PPTC's Scientific team in its contribution towards the promotion of Quality excellence in the Medical Laboratory Sciences throughout the Pacific region and South East Asia.
We are looking for an applicant who:
- is a New Zealand Registered Medical Laboratory Scientist with a current practising certificate.
- has at least 3 years experience practicing as a Medical Laboratory Scientist in the diagnostic sciences, with special interest in Transfusion Medicine and to a foundational level in Haematology.
- has experience in Laboratory Quality Management Systems and ISO15189 accreditation.
- has experience in Quality assessment and evaluation.
- has excellent organisational skills.
- has a diverse range of computer skills.
- has proven teaching and communication skills.
- has excellent interpersonal and multi-cultural skills.
- is prepared to travel regularly to the Pacific Islands and possibly South East Asia to teach and train laboratory personnel in Laboratory Quality Management as well as the fundamental concepts of Transfusion medicine and Haematology as essential diagnostic services.
It would certainly be an advantage to have proven work experience in developing countries. However this is not essential as comprehensive training will be given to the successful applicant.
Although this is a 3 year fixed term position, there is a strong possibility of an extension to permanent employment.
Only applicants eligible to work in New Zealand should apply.
This position would suit a recent Medical laboratory Science graduate who has at least 3 years experience post qualification and is seeking life rewarding experiences working in developing countries predominantly within the Pacific Region and to a lesser extent in South East Asian countries.
For further information, either contact the CEO as indicated below or alternatively, refer to the PPTC Website (www.pptc.org.nz)
If you are interested, meet the above criteria and require a job description, please send a letter of application along with your CV to:
Chief Executive Officer
Pacific Paramedical Training Centre
PO Box 7013
Closing Date: Friday 2nd February 2018
Job Type: Contract