Team Manager Fisheries Science Aquatic Environment Jobs Vacancy in Ministry For Primary Industries Wellington City
- Team Manager Fisheries Science Aquatic Environment
- Ministry For Primary Industries
- Wellington City WGN
- 16 Feb, 2018 29 days ago
Ministry For Primary Industries Wellington City urgently required following position for Team Manager Fisheries Science Aquatic Environment. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Team Manager Fisheries Science Aquatic Environment Jobs Vacancy in Ministry For Primary Industries Wellington City Jobs Details:
- Are you a people focused leader with an innovative approach and a knack for process improvement?
- Are you operationally focussed with proven experience and knowledge?
- Are you ready to bring your skills and passion to contribute to fisheries management both domestically and internationally?
Fisheries is an important component of the primary sector and fisheries management functions, including fisheries science, are located within a single branch of MPI. Science is an important part of fisheries management and the science team contributes by providing scientific advice on the status of fish stocks and on assessing and mitigating environmental effects of fishing.
Key Skills / Educational Requirements
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (preferably PhD or equivalent);
- In-depth knowledge and at least 10 years' experience in fisheries science
- Demonstrated experience in resource management at a senior level;
- Experience in staff management, mentoring and development in a dynamic operating environment;
- Knowledge and experience of business planning processes;
- Experience in analysing technical issues and making business decisions with financial impact;
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Leading the development of research programmes;
- Coordinating peer review of research projects using the Ministry's fisheries assessment working groups, including chairing selected working groups;
- Coordinating the management of research projects through to completion;
- Leading processes for delivering quality science advice to fishery managers;
- Representing New Zealand in domestic and international science meetings of relevance;
- Supporting the Manager Fisheries Science in his role and participating in the wider Fisheries Management Leadership Team.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Nick Goddard for a confidential discussion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close Sunday 11 March 2018