Freshwater Fisheries Ecologist Niwa Jobs Vacancy in Niwa Christchurch
Niwa Christchurch urgently required following position for Freshwater Fisheries Ecologist Niwa. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Freshwater Fisheries Ecologist Niwa Jobs Vacancy in Niwa Christchurch Jobs Details:
NIWA is a dynamic research organisation whose purpose is to enhance the economic value and sustainable management of New Zealand's aquatic resources and environments, to provide understanding of climate and the atmosphere and increase resilience to weather and climate hazards to improve safety and wellbeing of New Zealanders.
We are seeking an enthusiastic mid-career freshwater fisheries ecologist to join us in Christchurch, New Zealand to undertake research that advances the science underpinning the sustainable allocation of water resources and enhancement of aquatic ecosystems in New Zealand. You will also be involved in translating science into practical applications by carrying out commercial consultancy projects.
This permanent, full-time position focuses on understanding the interactions between flow regimes and freshwater ecosystems. This will include:
- Advancing the field of freshwater ecology by carrying out freshwater fisheries research suitable for publication.
- Developing and championing NIWA tools that ensure freshwater resource management decision-making is based on the best hydro-ecological information, particularly with respect to maintaining fish communities.
- Securing consulting revenue for NIWA through preparation of proposals and tenders, and client relationship building.
- Providing internal and external advice on technical approaches to water allocation, ecological flow requirements and the restoration of instream habitats and ecological communities.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, councils, government agencies and stakeholder groups (including Māori and iwi).
We are offering competitive remuneration benefits, free parking at our Christchurch office and the opportunity to work as part of a collaborative and professional team.