Systems Programmer Jobs Vacancy in Paymark Auckland City
Paymark Auckland City urgently required following position for Systems Programmer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Programmer Jobs Vacancy in Paymark Auckland City Jobs Details:
Paymark is New Zealand’s leading electronic payments company and Kiwis rely on us to ensure that electronic purchasing is available wherever purchases for goods and services need to be made. In our history to date, we have put through 16 billion transactions, worth an estimated $700B, and worked with over 120,000 merchants.
Our Connex team are the engine to ensuring Kiwi’s continue to transact seamlessly. Our team works directly on our core transaction processing platform, on large scale projects like major system upgrades through to small system enhancements. The team consists of collaborative experts - Architects, Programmers, Configurers, System Programmers and Operators.
We need HP Non Stop System Programmers to to provide and support our highly available and secure processing infrastructure on the Non-Stop mainframe to support Paymark’s business objectives and service levels.
Based in Auckland CBD, this role will report directly to the Manager - Core Technology.
What you are going to be doing:
- Designing, implementing and continuously evaluating the system architecture to ensure a highly fault tolerant and secure mainframe system for transaction processing.
- Maintaining systems software by best practice monitoring, escalation of high impact/unresolved incidents and implementation of fixes or upgrades on a regular basis to ensure an uninterrupted EFTPOS service to the merchant base.
- Maintaining and enhancing systems software (HP and 3rd party) by diagnosis of failures/shortcomings, working with systems suppliers to resolve systems inadequacies, enhancing macros and sub system macros and implementation of upgrades to enhance the EFTPOS service to the merchant base.
- Monitoring system capacity requirements and performance by modeling the system, establishing and maintaining software facilities for systems sizing and tuning, preparing performance information on the Non-Stop system infrastructure and producing reports on all outstanding system software work requests .
- Providing first class support of Non-Stop system software through provision of second level back-up to the Connex Support team and education of other team members and users.
- Preparing, providing and maintaining up-to-date information on the Non-Stop system including an inventory of the system components and comprehensive documentation of system software, interfaces and all changes.
- Managing system integrity by thoroughly testing all software supplied for installation in the Paymark environment to agreed procedures and ensuring compliance of the systems environment with Paymark security standards and change control procedures.
- Maximising utilization of the system by ensuring that all system nodes are always synchronised at a system level in a constant state of readiness with no deficiencies that will impact whichever system has the primary role.
- Providing technical assistance, implementation and or support resource where required to the Infrastructure Specialists.
- To be aware of department and organisation risks, action appropriate controls and implement treatment plans required by management.
- Our Core switch team works closely together in a collaborative manner. They work across the business to find and develop solutions for our customers, translating those solutions into technical specifications and also providing second and third level support for transaction, card and host testing and configuration. They come from a blend of backgrounds, with the majority of our team developing into our switch roles from other areas of Paymark - bringing with them an in-depth knowledge of how our software and business performs and how to take care of our customers.
- We are looking for System Programmers with a minimum of five years’ experience as a Non-Stop Systems Programmer.
- You must have experience with DSM/SCM and knowledge of the Non-Stop hardware architecture and GUARDIAN operating system.
- We are also after someone with in-depth system knowledge of standard GUARDIAN utilities & sub-systems and excellent TACL macro writing skills.
- Your in depth knowledge of the workings of Atalla security modules and supporting Boxcar software is also essential.
- If you also have experience within the financial industry and with the principles and practices of project and change management that would be desirable.
- A good understanding of CONNEX fundamentals and their interaction with the system will be good.
- Working knowledge of Voice and Data networks, LAN/WAN concepts and architectures
- We need you to have highly developed diagnostic capability and apply logical thought process to what you do.
- You’ll have an absolute attention to detail and take a no risk approach in our production environment.
- Your living of our courageous value where you adapt to change with a positive, flexible mindset is essential.
Paymarkers enjoy a collaborative and inclusive environment with all the bells and whistles like onsite massage, yoga and a day off on your birthday. We also have a nice little Pick n Mix benefits programme that’s tailored to delight everyone.