Lecturer Senior Accountancy Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North
Massey University Palmerston North urgently required following position for Lecturer Senior Accountancy. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lecturer Senior Accountancy Jobs Vacancy in Massey University Palmerston North Jobs Details:
Massey Business School (MBS) has a proud foundation of academic and administrative excellence, teaching business studies since 1972. The Massey Business School and the School of Accountancy are AACSB accredited. We are benchmarked by the AACSB as among the top five per cent of business schools globally and ranked in the top 100 business schools in the world for Accountancy and Finance. We offer world leading, relevant, flexible, research-led tertiary education combined with internationally renowned professional development, entrepreneurial start-up support and in-depth consultancy services that are relevant to business needs today.
The School of Accountancy is currently seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Accountancy, to teach at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and to be responsible for the delivery of some of the School's papers (courses) in this area. You will also be expected to supervise postgraduate students.
This position is based in Massey University’s Manawatū campus in Palmerston North, which is the University’s original home base. This campus is renowned for its beautiful park-like setting of trees and attractive gardens. More about the Manawatū campus can be found on: http://www.massey.ac.nz/manawatu/
To be successful in appointment to this position, you must have a PhD along with an outstanding record of research and teaching. You must also have a strong desire to interact closely with a group of diverse and high achieving international faculty. While an appointment as Lecturer/Senior Lecturer is desirable; we are flexible in providing a three year paid fixed-term development opportunity at Assistant Lectureship level. This will provide you with the opportunity to complete your PhD, while undertaking supervised teaching duties.
Further enquiries about the role should be directed to Professor Fawzi Laswad, Head of School of Accountancy.
Job description Purpose statement To enhance the learning and qualification outcomes of Massey's students and the scholarly outputs of the University by undertaking an effective programme of teaching; undertaking research including research supervision of students; mentoring and motivating other staff, particularly junior staff in teaching and research activities; engaging in the pursuit of external funding; providing administrative and professional services to the University and broader academic or professional communities.
Responsible to Head of School of Accountancy.
Key accountabilities Teaching/Supervision
1. Prepare, present and examine papers offered at undergraduate and postgraduate levels; conducting lectures, tutorials and seminars.
2. Coordinate and administer the teaching of subjects that have been assigned by the Head of School.
3. Provide students with consultation time on course related matters as appropriate
4. Supervise postgraduate students at levels up to and including doctoral study
5. Undertake continuing personal professional development.
1. Undertake research activities, which lead to publications in international refereed journals
2. Publish papers or other scholarly works in academic journals and review papers.
3. Present research and papers at academic conferences, and act as a discussant at appropriate seminars
4. Attract and generate research funding from external and internal sources
Service to the Community
1. Participate in community service activities that further advance the profession or field and which are consistent with the University’s Charter and Strategic Plan.
2. Assist the School to develop an environment which gives effect to the obligations of the Treaty of Waitangi.
1. Serve on University and/or School committees.
2. Ensure the observance of University policy and codes of practice in all teaching, research, community service and administrative practices.
3. Contribute to the development of a School working environment of teamwork and cooperation.
Any other duties as required by the Head of School.
Person specification Qualifications PhD qualification in Accounting
Experience • Demonstrated teaching and research expertise in the field of Accountancy, with preference in one or more of the following: Financial and Management Accounting, Auditing, and Accounting Information Systems.
• Evidence of progress in the area of research.
• Provide leadership in research by conducting and participating in research activities leading to publications, and by attracting internal/external funding.
• Demonstrate evidence of quality teaching and research supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Personal attributes and behaviours • Skills in tertiary teaching and research.
• Excellent communication skills, with teaching requirements in English are required.
• Maintain high work standards, and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to contribute to service.
• Willingness to assist with administrative functions of the University.
• A commitment to collegial interactions within the University.