Supervisor Biodiversity Recreation Historic Operations Jobs Vacancy in Department Conservation
- Supervisor Biodiversity Recreation Historic Operations
- Department Conservation
- 19 Dec, 2017 30+ days ago
Department Conservation urgently required following position for Supervisor Biodiversity Recreation Historic Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supervisor Biodiversity Recreation Historic Operations Jobs Vacancy in Department Conservation Jobs Details:
Are you someone who is passionate about conservation and the protection and management of New Zealand's natural heritage?
We have a vacancy for an experienced Supervisor in our Operations team.
As a Supervisor, you have defined leadership responsibilities to enable the team of nine rangers to successfully deliver our district work programmes relating to:
- Fencing and wild animal control
- Pest weed and animal control
- Species and habitat restoration programmes including on offshore islands
- Biosecurity management
- Huts and track maintenance
- Preservation of historic sites
Your day to day work will take you across the district, leading work programmes on and off public conservation land.
Your leadership skills and experience will be vitally important for coordinating, coaching, training and overseeing Rangers doing conservation work.
We are looking for a responsible and reliable team leader, who is not afraid of hard work, and who have the following skills:
- Experience leading teams undertaking complex tasks over multiple locations
- Work scheduling and project management experience
- strong leadership and high standards in Health & Safety
- skilled at coaching, training and supporting staff to develop their technical knowledge
- experience and qualifications in working with LUV motorbikes, 4WD vehicles and other field based equipment
- a current First Aid certificate
- good communication skills and an ability to get on with people
- a valid Full driver's licence
The following is desirable but not essential
- experience in field based natural heritage work from pest control to species management
- sound knowledge and practical experience of biosecurity risks, issues and management
- experience in the practical management and application of operations work across DOC
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information please contact Dave Carlton, email@example.com or telephone (03) 305 0098, quoting vacancy 400/4650.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 15 January 2018.