Executive Assistant Infrastructure Services Jobs Vacancy in Central Otago District Council
Central Otago District Council urgently required following position for Executive Assistant Infrastructure Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Executive Assistant Infrastructure Services Jobs Vacancy in Central Otago District Council Jobs Details:
POSITION : Executive Assistant – Infrastructure Services
REPORTS TO : Executive Manager - Infrastructure Services
LOCATION : Alexandra
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing all aspects of executive and
administrative support to the Executive Manager - Infrastructure Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be the first point of contact for the Manager for all external persons including
those calling into the office, calling via the phone, receiving emails and all other
2. Manages all communications (including phone calls, correspondence, letters and
emails) on behalf of the Manager, including initial contact, requests, responses,
research of issues, and distribution of correspondence for action to appropriate
officers, and follow up of such; and drafting of letters for sign off by the Manager.
3. Maintains confidentiality, uses discretion, uses information appropriately and
behaves in a manner that is appropriate to the role.
4. Contribute to specific project work as requested by the Manager and ensure
work is carried out effectively and efficiently.
5. Represent the Manager’s known position on matters in communication and
interactions with others, including attendance at meetings in the Manager's
6. Provide assistance to other members of the Infrastructure Services team as
directed by the Manager.
7. Produce high quality, accurate and timely documents, reports, presentations and
information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and
transmitting text and data as required.
8. Utilise Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with proficiency in the production
of documents and presentations.
9. Manages Manager's diary and appointment schedule by planning and
scheduling commitments including meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and
10. Receives visitors to the department including meeting and greeting them,
providing introductions and assistance.
11. Maintains confidentiality in all matters requiring such.
12. Assisting with infrastructure services budget related matters.
13. Provides minute secretarial services as required by the Manager.
14. Other duties as are required and directed by the Manager.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Key result of the position will have been achieved when it has been determined that
the Executive Manager - Infrastructure Services is able to devote their time to their
qualified position with the assistance of the Executive Assistant.
1. Principle duties are undertaken in a professional, efficient and productive
manner, maintaining a pleasant, positive disposition.
2. Correspondence is managed professionally in a timely and efficient manner
ensuring responses are factual, relevant, t and delivered in the appropriate tone,
displaying empathy and understanding of the issues.
3. The distribution of reports and preparation of agenda papers is within the
4. To ensure all duties identified in the key tasks are carried out to the satisfaction
of the Executive Manager - Infrastructure Services.
Makes decisions within the authority delegated by the Executive Manager -
Government and non-government partner agencies
Executive Manager – Infrastructure Services
Infrastructure Services team
Senior Officer, Governance Support
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Diploma or Certificate in Administration (or similar) or equivalent work place
- Knowledge and exposure to engineering services – desirable.
- Understanding of the Local Government environment – desirable.
- General understanding of accounting and budgeting practises.
- Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Previous experience in a fast paced, multi-faceted work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and work on a number of tasks
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes, build good working relationships
with others and deliver quality customer experiences.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Conscientious, tidy and punctual.
- Sense of humour, friendly and pleasant with a positive attitude.
- Ability to promote the desired image of the Central Otago District Council through
CORPORATE VALUES PROPOSITION